Dive Palancar ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've stayed at the Allegro 8 times since the mid-90s. We love Dive Palancar. The dock is right on the property, and they have lockers for your gear, 2 rinse tanks, camera tables on some boats, and they observe and group you with others of your experience level for the week. Nice guys, excellent divemasters. Sergio is good, but we also love William, Josue, George and especially Ismael. We haven't been in 3 years - were intending to go next week for our 9th time, but with the swine flu scare, we rescheduled our trip to Allegro in Costa Rica. We were so disappointed. Going to the Allegro and diving with Dive Palancar feels like going home. Anyway, they're reasonable, convenient and safe. BTW, they return to the dock in between dive 1 and 2 each day, so if you only want to do one dive, that's perfectly OK. Plus, you can jump off the boat, get a drink at the bar, or check on your family. BTW, if you dive with them, they'll give you tanks for free for shore diving. Although the beach isn't a fabulous dive, we've seen lobster, scorpionfish, splendid toadfish, barracuda and the usual small tropical suspects, so it's an OK shore dive, and very cost effective. BTW, if your'e getting "attitude," sometimes the guy at the desk can be a bit of a jerk, but don't let it dissuade you from giving them a try. I promise you that the divemasters are nothing like that.

Yes... my family and I have visited the Allegro and used their dive shop about 8 times in total. Needless to say we loved the place. We thought the diving was great and the staff was excellent. Only thing is, the last time any of us went was approximately 10 years ago. Of course, things may have changed. I remember it so fondly that I wouldn't hesitate now to plan a trip there again.

Yes, Dive Palancar has nitrox, I believe it was 32 EAN when I was their a couple years ago and that was fine for profiles I was doing at the time. You may be able to request a different percentage.

Have Fun! Dive Safe!

Yeah, most of the dive ops can do Nitrox, generally $10 a tank.

What I found different with Palancar is because they do their surface intervals at the resort, essentially you can do single tank dives. For those that are one and done, they don't have to wait on the boat for the rest of the group to do their 2nd dive.

They have nitrox--maybe not on your first day of diving if you haven't requested it in advance, but for all other dives that you want it, you can get it. I also agree that the surface intervals at the Allegro and for me the Occidental were great. Made it easy to do up to 5 dives a day (M W F are night dive availability). I think that the nitrox was only $6 per tank, so not a bad deal. I think that the pricing is on their website.

I have been diving with Dive Palancar since 1994! I would not consider anyone else even though other dive operators can use the Allegro and Grand piers to pick up divers. I have never had a problem with them and have logged 150 dives.

Back
Top Bottom