Dive Palancar ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christianklein

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone got any good/bad info on the dive shop at Allegro, Dive Palancar?

My wife, 8 year son and I are going down for 7 days on May 24. We are staying at the Allegro. We picked this resort for the activity program that they have for kids. We are hoping to get some Åôadult timeÇô to go dive together, but will most likely have to alternate are dive days.

Anyone that has stayed at the Allegro and used Palancar please post some Info.

The KleinÃÔ

Last edited:
Almost any dive shop wiill pick you up on the dock that far south. Everyone on this board has their thoughts of what the "Best" dive shop is. But I would just not limit your self to the resort dive shop.

If you give everyone an idea of what you would like in a dive shop we can give you some ideas.

or you could read around on the board and you will find a shop that meets your needs.

Hi Gussy

I've email the dive shop a couple of times; I'm not getting that fuzzy filling.

The first email was about the cost of a shore dive, I'm thinking 6-10 bucks for a tank. My first reply back from the dive shop was $59.00. The second email was free if buy a 2 tank trip. Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping thing are different when I get there.

Which dive shop are you talking about? Dive Palancar? It's normally around $80 for a 2 tank boat dive. I couldn't do any shore dive because the conditions were choppy.

Yes Dive Palancar. I'm trying to find the email, but they did give me a price for 10 dives for 280.00.

I think I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and use them and do an full trip report and post it.

christianklein,
welcome to this board.
i've stayed at allegro and dove with palancar.
we had a very nice holiday.
one advantage is they do the si back at the resort.
this would give you the time to check on the child between tanks.
regards,

We just got back from a week of diving with Dive Palancar. Very nice guys. The dives were $32 each but with a 20% off because we belong to Occidental timeshare. So that made it $26 per dive and 10 dives for the week. There was a group of 7 of us diving and they made sure we had the same boat and divemaster (Sergio) all week. Night dives are Mon, Wed, Fri at 7 pm...cash only $37. We did one on Wed. Say hi to Carlos for me!

Rich

I stayed at the Occidental and dove with them in January. Also dove all week with Sergio off the same boat. Doing the SI at the Allegro and lunch between dives 2 and 3 at the Occidental was great. Thought that Sergio was great all week, and being close to the dive sites was great. All of our group had a terrific experience and would go back again.

We stayed at Occidental Grand in September 2008 and dove with Dive palancar. Overall, its an OK operation but nothing to write home about. We did several days of diving with them and every single dive it was a different DM. I think this op caters to beginners for the most part...Also, I remember picking up that vibe at the dive shop - like they were doing me a favor...

Back
Top Bottom