Dive Palancar Feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimkc1971

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any feedback on Dive Palancar?

We are staying at the Allegro for a second time this June. On our last stay we used BlueXTsea- and I was more than happy with their services. I was planning to book through them again, but thought I'd take a look at Allegro's on-site op first.

They are cheaper than some of the others, is there a reason? They also offer 1 tank dives spaced out during the day. That flexibility may be good since we'll be there with our kids, but could mean the dives are shorter?

We've dove in Bonaire a few times and like the freedom of diving our own plan. I know you must dive with a guide in Cozumel, so how much hand-holding will there be with Palancar?

Thanks!

I dove with Dive Palancar in January, and liked them a lot. The dives were 45-55 minutes long, the guide led, but let you wander some to look at the reefs and see things, they also pointed out things during the dive. The boats are not cattle boats--the small boat is 6 or so divers, the bigger boats took about 12-16 and our boat (Triton I) had a head. Our DMs were Sergio and Alberto and both were great. It was nice not having to lug gear around, there are lockers on site (but you have to take your gear to the boat daily), and the surface intervals were at the Allegro between morning dives. I stayed at the Occidental Grand, so lunch was there. We did at least 3 dives per day, and dove most of the reefs, and also dove Devil's Throat on Friday. I can't wait to go back to Cozumel and stay at the Occidental again, and dive with Dive Palancar. Everyone in the group raved about the hotel and the dive op, and the prices were great. Nitrox was $6 a tank, and available after the first day since they didn't know how many would dive nitrox. After that they asked and there was nitrox for everyone that wanted it.

I would highly recommend them.

I stayed at the Allegro last summer. I dove with Dive with Martin most dives and had a good experience on a 6 pk boat. I did try Dive Palancar for a couple of dives (for convenience as these were extra beyond our dive package with DWM). I found them to be friendly, helpful, not particularly "hand holding", though the dive times were a little bit shorter 45-50 min compared to 1 hour+ with DWM. They also were helpful in getting me a HP hose at a price comparable to what I would pay in the States (yes it was new). Night boat was crowded (for me) with about 15 divers and a 40 min limit. On the plus side you can use their lockers if diving with them. They are certainly not a "bad" decision, just depends on what you are looking for.

I just checked my computer log, and both night dives that I did were 50 minutes. Maybe it depends on the dive master...

I really like Aldora, fast boats and huge bottom times more then off set the extra cost. They have steel 100 and 120 and great service! On a few dives we were coming up on the 120 min mark.:D

Back
Top Bottom