Dive options out of Keauhou

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdenny

Reaction score
So we're headed to Kona in June for 10 nights. We're looking to do some boat and shore diving. We're staying at the south end of Alii Drive. Looking for a six pack operator that leaves out of Keauhou Harbor. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also any leads on shoredives/info is greatly appreciated. Any exceptional maps or books I should be aware of? I've been getting most of my info from shorediving.com.

The afore mentioned book and shorediving.com It will give you maps, directions and feed back on the shore dives. Dont miss two step! Also make sure you do the manta dive followed by the black water dive. Big Isle Divers does it as well as one or two others. The manta is great, the blackwater is, well, dont die with out doing this dive.

The only dive operator who really is based out of Keauhou any more is Sea Paradise, even they have their ramp permit out of a different harbor. There are a couple companies with pier permits at the pier in Kailua, but everyone else leaves out of Honokohau Harbor which is about 2 miles north of Kailua.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom