Dive Ops for noobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Machiavelli

Registered
Reaction score
I'm heading to Cozumel in August. My girlfriend and I will have just completed our open water certification and dont want to ruin anybody's dive due to our inexperience. Does anyone know, of all the Coz dive ops, which one would be best suited to people as new as ourselves?

Machiavelli:
I'm heading to Cozumel in August. My girlfriend and I will have just completed our open water certification and dont want to ruin anybody's dive due to our inexperience. Does anyone know, of all the Coz dive ops, which one would be best suited to people as new as ourselves?

The "Best" that changes daily.
All kidding aside Studio Blue kind of caters to the new b's
Those guys do a pretty good job of looking out for you and making sure you are diving reefs/conditions not to challanging.
If every second dive is at Paradise you know you have a boat load of new B's

Manual Ortiz is the owner nice guy
Leo is long time right hand man
Just up a couple of doors from Prima

Oh, if it makes a difference, we will be at the Melia Cozumel. I realize nobody will come pick us up that far north, but I assume we can take a taxi to San Miguel and be picked up from there, right?

Blue Angel in Cozumel is my favorite and they cater to all diver types. Newbies with newbies etc.

Machiavelli:
Oh, if it makes a difference, we will be at the Melia Cozumel. I realize nobody will come pick us up that far north, but I assume we can take a taxi to San Miguel and be picked up from there, right?

That is correct
Studio Blue since converting to deisel has been picking up divers at one of the town peirs.

Machiavelli:

I was certified 3 years ago and have been brought along, encouraged and at times hand-held by Blue XT Sea on almost every dive since then! Christi Courntney and her staff are great - they put the emphasis on safe diving and are very helpful with regarding to improving your buoyancy control, air consumption, etc., and they make sure the 'fun' quota is met too! Any specific questions - feel free to pm me!

BlueXTC is also highly regarded! Very profesional
I am sure that Christi will correct me if I am wrong but I think she did her internship at
Studio Blue.

GPdiver:
BlueXTC is also highly regarded! Very profesional
I am sure that Christi will correct me if I am wrong but I think she did her internship at
Studio Blue.

You are absolutely correct. I did all my training with the same instructor. At the time, he was with Studio Blue and has since retired from diving. After having the most traumatizing experience EVER during my first ocean dives in HI, I thought I would never dive agian until I met Marcos and Manuel. Marcos took me all the way from OW through DM and I did my DM internship with Studio Blue as well. They really are good for new divers, and they typically leave later than most ops do if you like to sleep in a little. Very nice people there.

Machiavelli:
Weird how every recommendation has the word "blue" in it :)
Since there are only about 70 dive operations on Cozumel, there are bound to be a few blue names. Here are some blue dive operators from there:
  • Liquid Blue
  • Blue Bubble
  • Blue Angel
  • Blue XT Sea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom