Dive Operators/Shore Dives in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver gadget

Contributor
Reaction score
COming down with a group of us to the FLL area. I think wetvet has already mentioned us. Anyways, do most of the dive operators let you know where the shore diving is?

My wife and I are coming down and we have a 6 month old that is coming with us. I don't know if there are boats big enough that would want to have a little one on board? Does anyone know or have experience with?

We might just end up trying to get shore dives in when our group comes back. That leads us back to finding out where the good shore dives are. Any help would be great.

:wink: Just stay plastered to this board. You have reached Shore Dives R Us.

diver gadget:
COming down with a group of us to the FLL area. I think wetvet has already mentioned us. Anyways, do most of the dive operators let you know where the shore diving is?

My wife and I are coming down and we have a 6 month old that is coming with us. I don't know if there are boats big enough that would want to have a little one on board? Does anyone know or have experience with?

We might just end up trying to get shore dives in when our group comes back. That leads us back to finding out where the good shore dives are. Any help would be great.
I would go to Key Largo to dive much better reefs than Ft Lauderdale. I would not bring small children on dive boats

Small childern and dive boats do not mix.

Do a search for Lauderdale By The Sea or LBTS here in the conch section. YOu will find more information than you can imagine. Also good beach diving is in HOllywood, Dania, Pompano Beach.

Scuba_Jenny:
Small childern and dive boats do not mix. Do a search for Lauderdale By The Sea or LBTS here in the conch section.
... also search for the words "Hibiscus" and "Datura" for Lauderdale by the Sea dive info... of course you'll probably get buried with info but remember "computers are our friends" lol.

Jen's also correct about kids and dive boats. I wouldn't hesitate to bring a 10+ year old bubble-watcher along but for most kids younger than that it would be a BAD THING.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom