dive op @ Occidental Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi guys , i have a question regarding dive ops in Cozumel we'll be staying at Occidental grand , what are my best choices on dive ops at this hotel that can pick me up there other than dive Palancar?

thanks giving your input

jf

Hi guys , i have a question regarding dive ops in Cozumel we'll be staying at Occidental grand , what are my best choices on dive ops at this hotel that can pick me up there other than dive Palancar?

thanks giving your input

jf

My wife and I stay at the OG every year since they opened We usually use either Blue XT or Bottomtime divers for long, quality morning dives and then do the shallow afternoon dive as well as a night dive or 2 with with Dive Palancar. I tried Dive With Martin once but was disappointed unnecessarily short dive and even short surface intervals (apparently the DM & boat had afternoon dives they had to get to).

Enjoy

Do they have lockers a their facility or you have to carry your equipment every day to your room ?

Pretty much any op will pick you up there, so it will be hard to get that part wrong.

My advice? Take a few minutes to look at a couple of pages of threads and you'll find "the usual suspects" mentioned in them. Noting what sorts of things you expect from a dive op (good boat, good service, steel or aluminum, fun DMs, cheap, valet service etc. etc.) and the attributes of the associated ops, you should be able to come up with a short list that you can use to follow up with the various ops.

OG/DP does have rinse tanks and gear lockers (baskets). You need to bring your own locks. Not much room to hang and dry wetsuits so plan on taking them back up to the room. Their dock is quite busy in the morning now that DP is using OG as their primary site so small boat pickup will probably be in the sand right next to the dock.

if its not too late.... you are making a mistake if you are not diving with Alison. Dive with Alison is a small op that comes right to the pier at O Grand. 6 divers max, personal service... heavy into safety and convenience. Would never go to Coz with out using "Dive with Alison"

I used living underwater. steel 120 c.f. tanks. shortest dive was 70 min. We didn't do any deco dives. I highly recommend them. they store your gear until your last dive so it was really convenient. They are really service oriented.

Other friends have used aldora and like them. If you want to do tech dives, I heard there is an operator that does tech dives, but I didn't look into it - can't remember the name. Enjoy.

if its not too late.... you are making a mistake if you are not diving with Alison. Dive with Alison is a small op that comes right to the pier at O Grand. 6 divers max, personal service... heavy into safety and convenience. Would never go to Coz with out using "Dive with Alison"

Phil, Alison is awesome. I would correct it is no more than 8 divers and she is Scuba with Alison Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison Nice big, FAST Boat. Great Captain. You're right Phil, you can't go wrong with Alison!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom