Dive Op from Lahaina? Ed Robinsons? Diving West vs. South Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong with using Ed, especially from Makena (which is very close to Kihei, and the boat ramp, maybe 10 minutes at the most).
I would try B and B instead if you'd like a little supervision. Let B and B know, they'll be happy to accomodate.
I imagine Ed would too, but honestly, for newer divers, I think B and B is the better choice. Not by much, but IMO a better choice.

Wow, B and B is cheaper too. Thanks for the info. I had already contacted Ed's shop and have a guided tour arranged. Was more expensive though. Might just try both. Thanks again.

We are staying right on Polo beach. Any idea how to see if someone wants to buddy up there and do some shore diving. Love that reef but will not go solo. July 12 through the 18?

I think the main reason B and B is less money is because they aren't tied in with any activity brokers and no advertising but they keep their boat filled up. Must be a reason :)

Ed Robinson's isn't tied in with activity brokers either. B&B just seems to be a bit cheaper for whatever reason.

Seeker, we dive multiple charters with Ed Robinson's (ERDA) every year and confidently recommend them to you as a first class operation. To be totally frank though, there are quite a few excellent boat operators on Maui, including Mike Severns, ERDA, B&B, and Makena Coast Charters, to name a few. For shore diving you won't go wrong with Shaka Doug or Maui Dreams.

IMO you can pick any of these operators with confidence that you'll be well taken care of and have an excellent time.

Shaka Doug does some fun shore diving, and typically you can either meet him somewhere or if you kow where the sites are meet there. We dove just above Makena Landing at Turtle Town awsome dive and our second dive was at ulua not far from there. You get way more than what you pay for with him. If you want a boat dive leaving close from there Maui Dreams Dives off the Maui Diamond two decent boat about a 45 minute ride out and then on the way back you do a second dive somewhere else. Both are good folks to dive with experienced or not and definitly the best price I found but most of all lots of fun.

I have to correct what I said earlier. Ed Robinson opened a new shop earlier this year and apparently it includes an "activities desk" where people can book other activities on Maui. This is new for them as previously all business was conducted via e-mail, phone, or directly with the crew at the boats.

Shaka Doug does some fun shore diving, and typically you can either meet him somewhere or if you kow where the sites are meet there. We dove just above Makena Landing at Turtle Town awsome dive and our second dive was at ulua not far from there. You get way more than what you pay for with him. If you want a boat dive leaving close from there Maui Dreams Dives off the Maui Diamond two decent boat about a 45 minute ride out and then on the way back you do a second dive somewhere else. Both are good folks to dive with experienced or not and definitly the best price I found but most of all lots of fun.

Dove with ERDA and Shaka Doug. Both were excellent. Had a great time all around. Was beaufitul. Will certainly revisit both another time. The shore dive with Shaka Doug was so cool and relaxing. Great stuff. Highly recomend both groups.

Dove with ERDA and Shaka Doug. Both were excellent. Had a great time all around. Was beaufitul. Will certainly revisit both another time. The shore dive with Shaka Doug was so cool and relaxing. Great stuff. Highly recomend both groups.

Glad to hear that Seeker-man and Maine-man! I just love to dive and I pretty much let the fish and turtles do most of the work. By the way, Timmy, Tommy and Tracy say "Howzit?!" Timmy has been working on his timing too...

26557_1322812263908_1038890729_957741_8331417_n.jpg

We dove Cathedrals with Lahaina divers and had a great time! My daughter and I buddied up, and were able to dive our tanks without hassle. The boat was amazingly comfortable and the DM's did a great job.

Out of Kihei we dove with ProDivers and were really happy with them too! Afordable, 6 pac fast boat, and another great DM! We left at 6am and were the first ones out to Molokini. They chose reef's end as we did have a new cert with us (they told us this in advance) but they allowed us to dive our tanks, and then did a 2nd dive at the St. Anthony wreck. Laid back, and really enjoyable.

We also joined Doug for a "Shakarific" shore dive. We had a couple of noobs with us, and the conditions were less than ideal, but Doug made sure we all had a fun dive.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom