Dive of the month Lake Jocassee Salem, SC May 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... you know every time I say I am going to come out with SB, something at work comes up and BOOM... no diving. Well dang it, I am tired of it. I will do my best to be out there on the 26th and will probably bring the diver girlfriend with me. :)

Caleb

Hey! You guys are talking about my old stomping grounds!!! I used to dive lake Jocassee all the time! Wish I could go with you but I live in Mississippi now. Does anybody still dive the graveyard on Halloween?

I'm not sure if I'm diving on Saturday or Sunday next week-end. If it's Saturday, I'll stop by and say hello. I might be able to talk Lance Young into coming, though he is still recovering from shoulder surgery and can't dive yet.

I made 3 dives at the diver's ramp today (Monday, May 21). According to my computer, the surface water temp was 69 degrees, and it was 65 degrees at my maximum depth of 42 feet.

On the way out, I stopped at Bill's dive shop. He wasn't home, but there is a sign on the door saying that he will be open each Saturday and Sunday starting May 26.

Yes, there are still dives on the Graveyard each Halloween.

rainmaker:
I'm not sure if I'm diving on Saturday or Sunday next week-end. If it's Saturday, I'll stop by and say hello. I might be able to talk Lance Young into coming, though he is still recovering from shoulder surgery and can't dive yet.

Please do stop by our canopy if you are diving. And if your lovely lady is along, we would love to have her join us. I really would like to see some of her art work. I have a photo off of one of the ramps as my computer back ground. I am thinking of getting something like that done in a water color for my home. When I look at that picture, it just draws me in for a moment and gives me a sense of peace and rest. Then the phone rings at work and it is all over with!!!

If any of you guys run into or know Karl and Renee Schuetterle or Steve Hutto, tell them to get on this board and holler at Cozziegirl, a.k.a. "slurpy"

I will be there. What time will y'all be arriving?

ekewaka, it was great to meet you last we were up there. Looking forward to seeing you again.

We should be there right about noon. Are you looking for a dive buddy or just planning to hang out with us on the ramp? I think Deb and I are going to stop at Jocassee Outdoor Center for a hot lunch just before we hit the ramp to dive. We plan to be at the ramp around noon to submerge

As long as the Doc clears me today (I have a persistant ache on the right side of my head, in the jaw muscle, not the ear) if she says it won't affect diving I'll be there. The wife and I are staying at the Re Lion Inn B&B on Friday and Saturday nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom