Dive Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay I have updated the list and removed the dental pick and added appropriate tool. Ie the one mentioned by Joewr.

So anything else missing that is a must?

BTW: Butch when we go diving you get to carry to gear....

Remember when we talked about diving together and you thought I said porterhouse and I just agreed and made you sign, what I really said and is on the contract to dive is "Porter Butch"

So Sorry, but in that case you were the weakest link or your stomach was hehehe

Went and checked my kit...

I also carry $20 (muchie money), Swiss Army knife, eye and ear drops, glow stick, and a spare key to the dive-mobile.

Maybe I should include a spare dry suit so I can avoid those last minute runs from the dive boat to the hotel. [he ducks and covers then hides under the desk. :D ]

Dental picks are cheap - ask your dentist for a used one. And use with care, you can scratch metal but not if you are gentle. (and it can be used for other stuff too!)

Have you see those little attachments for attaching to your tank that looks a lot like the AIR FILL grip at the local Gas Station that you use to fill your car tires with air?

They make such a looking device that that is just for "Blown Air" ... Squezzz the handle and you now have a nice Faily High Pressure Air hose for blowing Sand, Goobers, water, etc off your stuff.

The entire thing could fit in the palm of your hand so it wont take up but a tiny, tiny place and is also great for blowing out that tacked in sand, McD's French Fries, Sea Weed and what ever else you might normally track home with you. Takes a whole 2 seconds to blow all the water off your tanks, any plastic cases, camera gear, yet wont scratch anything.

[sm](Tip: and just wait until the wife bends over to pick up her stuff the first time! *WG* - It's fun for the whole family!! HAHA, LD will never read this post anyway, hehe, ScubaBaby - Dont you dare go telling on me again either!)[/sm]

hehe

=-)

(Tip: and just wait until the wife bends over to pick up her stuff the first time! *WG* - It's fun for the whole family!! HAHA, LD will never read this post anyway, hehe, ScubaBaby - Dont you dare go telling on me again either!)

Nice Kin, real nice, just trying to create problems telling everyone our secrets.

Butch :peace:

Revised Dive Kit Essentials:

Allen wrenches (for the plugs on the first stage)
Air Hose Attachment for Blowing Gear Clean
Batteries (For Computer)
Batteries (For the light)
Appropriate Tool For O-Ring Removale (metal may scratch metal surface behind o-ring)
Duct Tape
Ear Drops
Eye Drops
Erasor
Extra Fin Strap
Extra Mask
Glow Stick
Marking Pen
Misc Tools that help with field repairs
Mouthpiece
O-Ring kit (2 of these in one little box so I have extras)
Plastic Wire Ties
Plyers
Silicon Grease
Spare Dive Rite Pencil
Various Clips and Attachments
wooden artist tool (or similar) to help put new O-rings in
Wrenches to loosen/tighten the different fittings on my reg

Now that is a good Kit!

Is plastic wire ties the same as zip ties?

All that sounds like you'd need a huge box, doesn't it? But it will fit into one of the small Peligan boxes with room to spare.

We also have a ditty bag. It has all the stuff we may need on a dive site to make things go smoother for us or students...spare inflator hoses, regs, rope, small ground tarp, etc. And that inflator nozzle King mentioned is great! Blast the sand off you and your gear, blow up an air mattress, or my favorite....blasting spiders off the tarp!

This could be good!!!

(Tip: and just wait until the wife bends over to pick up her stuff the first time! *WG* - It's fun for the whole family!! HAHA, LD will never read this post anyway, hehe, ScubaBaby - Dont you dare go telling on me again either!)

So, KingN......whats it worth!!!!!! :tease:

Would teasers work for O-Ring removal? Never tried it but the thought just occured to me. I always have used my nails if I have needed to adjust the O-Ring.

Something useful to carry in your bag is if your diving an area you dont dive much or are on holiday to, is book or sheet of all the fish in the area so when you get off the boat if you saw something you didnt recognise you can look it up while its fresh in the mind!

Also, if your going on hols, its a good idea to have a medical certificate in your dive bag as some dive centres wont let you dive without. And also photocopies of your divelog just incase something happens to your copy!

Another item is a nail file. I dont know if anyone else suffers but sometimes the edge of my mask seal gets quite sharp (time to get a new one soon!) but using the nailfile just smooths it out perfectly! Plus its a bonus if you have long nails !

Back
Top Bottom