Dive in Antibes France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello

What is your certification level and certification agency?
Sounds silly but this counts here in France.

Please bring along with you a medical statement from a doctor stating that your medical status allows you to dive otherwise you won't be able to get in the water.

Best Regards
JL

I lived in Antibes and dove out of Juan Les Pins. Easydive took over the boat and operation our club had. I have heard mixed reviews of their operation.

Also another thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/western-europe/293491-nice-monaco.html?highlight=antibes

When I lived there it was necessary to purchase a license for diving (which also required the medical as I remember). The license was good for a year. I can not remember the cost maybe $30 (150FF at the time). I am not sure if they are still require - Satyre or Sebach can give more on the current requirements.

Also being in Seattle - bring your drysuit as the water temps in April will be around 15C.

BTW If want any info on Antibes and the area let me know. I lived in Vieil Anbites (Old Anbites) which is a great area with lots of little shops and restaurants. Also good fun is to walk around the Cap d'Antibes.

I have been talking to Diamond diving in antibes... They were the only ones that emailed me back after I emailed a hole bunch of places and they said bring my drysuit, it was 100 bucks for a guide and boat for two dives ( I think this is super cheap) and nothing about a licences or med statement?

I have been talking to Diamond diving in antibes... They were the only ones that emailed me back after I emailed a hole bunch of places and they said bring my drysuit, it was 100 bucks for a guide and boat for two dives ( I think this is super cheap) and nothing about a licences or med statement?

Well, well, well... France, French, French laws :D
I am not surprised that you received only one answer if your mail was in English. The language here is French and even if many have learnt English in school, the average French do not speak English (nor the average American do speak French) :idk:

Diamond Diving marketing niche is English speaking divers so you won't have to speak French :D

The licence is mandatory only if you want to be part of an associative club and therefore become a member of the French Federation of Underwater Activities wich is not your case.

However, the medical statement (not older than 12 months) is requiered by law in France. I don't see how they can get around that and if they do I am very curious as it is definitely outlaw.
My 2cts, save yourself a bit of troubles and/or disappointment and get one prior your arrival.

Best Regards
JLuc

(...) they said bring my drysuit, it was 100 bucks for a guide and boat for two dives ( I think this is super cheap)
Drysuit very good idea. God, I love my drysuit and wish I have it here in Thailand. I would be in the water and not sitting in my bed waiting my wound to heal.:depressed:

Cheap? God it is not. :no:
But that is the prices here. Or you need to have a friend with its own boat, its own compressor and you need to have your tanks. Then it cost you as little as 20 bucks :D

wow! thanks!!!!! I also just leanred that diamond diving is in paris not antibes while easy dive is in antibes so i think im gonna go their.... I'll check on the med statement :)

if im doing a boat dive... how should i carry my gear? i have a rolling suit case that might not fit on the boat hhaa

wow! thanks!!!!! I also just leanred that diamond diving is in paris not antibes while easy dive is in antibes so i think im gonna go their.... I'll check on the med statement :)

if im doing a boat dive... how should i carry my gear? i have a rolling suit case that might not fit on the boat hhaa

Diamond Diving have premices in Antibes.
For your equipement it all depends on the boat type. Most of the time here shops, do not have big boats but dinguies. So you often setup the gear on land then put them on the boat. You then jump on the boat with your suit on.
Anyway, the rolling suitcase is not an option but a mesh bag is definitely a versatile option for this trip and any others.
Sorry to insist (and I am nit a doctor), get a med statement.
If you are flying through Paris, let me know, we may meet for a coffee

Diamond Diving have premices in Antibes.
For your equipement it all depends on the boat type. Most of the time here shops, do not have big boats but dinguies. So you often setup the gear on land then put them on the boat. You then jump on the boat with your suit on.
Anyway, the rolling suitcase is not an option but a mesh bag is definitely a versatile option for this trip and any others.
Sorry to insist (and I am nit a doctor), get a med statement.
If you are flying through Paris, let me know, we may meet for a coffee

Yeah!!! ill use any excuse to buy another bag :) If im flying through pari i'll let you know!

Thanks! easy dive only dives on friday mornings too.... does this mean they fill up fast or would it be only me on the dive

Back
Top Bottom