Dive-in and Party in Santa Rosa NM - April 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grumpygrouper:
Hi Dandydon

Sounds like you are going to have to much fun.

Ya'll come on over, Ron!

Okay, Jer & I are going up Friday night, and we'll hit the Hole starting at 8am for 2 or 3 dives. If the weather is as nice as it has been latrely, we'll take the back road round around the construction and park on the lot right in front of the Hole. Bring a thermos of DeCaf or Hot Chocolate for after diving. Look for a white, extended cab Chevy pickup with a Texas Flag and an Alpha flag:

http://www.lsjunction.com/flag.htm

http://www.boat-ed.com/al/course/p4-11_otherequipment.htm

If it's cold, we may take the first entrance and park near Gregs heater, but it looks promising.

If you're arriving Sautrday morning, please try to meet up with us by 11am there, and rent some filled tanks & weights from Stella for the after lunch Perch Lake diving.

We'll plan on lunch at the diner on the corner across from Town Lake - about 12, not later than 12:30pm. Refill your thermos at the convenience store up the street, then - we'll head out to Perch for a diver or two. If you rent 2 tanks, but only do 1 dive, turn them back into Stella, and she'll owe you a fill in the morning. I want to be in bed, napping off the nitrogen load by mid-afternoon or so, as I wouldn't want to be the first grownup to leave the party.

Dinner is a 7pm in the back part of Josephs, order your own, followed by dancing. And remember The Code: "Whatever happens on a Dive Trip stays there." Yeah, right - we'll never tell. :D

More fun dives Sunday morning, but don't forget to rehydrate well. And, bring a golf ball for the idol...

don Travel Phone: 806-292-1855

Depending on what time we get out of the water, we may have to play catch up. I won't know what time we get started with the rescue class till Tuesday this week.
I'll try to give you guys a heads up when we know.
My brother and I will be doing a sun up dive fairly early.
Hopefully our timming will work out to meet you.

I will be leaving Albuquerque no later than 8am, so that puts me there by 9:30 or so. I'm bringing a local buddy that is needing some water time after some surgery last year. Should be able to get one dive in at Blue Hole prior to lunch and then head over to Perch.

Should be fun, see ya all there.

PS: the Weather Service says it looks pretty good.

Looks like we will be in class till mid afternoon.
We may head that direction anyway, I want to see something other than a sandstone hole in the ground and new AOW divers hitting bottom at 60 mph.

What is the trick to finding the place and plane? Is it pretty well marked? Any idea of headings from a given point to find the plane?
asta
Greg

Dr. Frankenmule:
What is the trick to finding the place and plane? Is it pretty well marked? Any idea of headings from a given point to find the plane?

Actually haven't been to Perch in 2 years, but as I recall - it's just south of town a mile or 2, just off the pavement to the right/west. Stella can give you/us better directions.

There is, or at least was, a nice, fiberglass floating deck there, and the plane was in front of it with buoys, I think.

"Search and Fine excercise!!" If you're not there by the time I leave, I'll stop back by the hole and tell you what I can...

Oh yeah, current forecast for Saturday is 71 degrees, Sunday 75!! That's a lot warmer than 41 when I was there in February. :dazzler1:

don

:D

DandyDon:
Actually haven't been to Perch in 2 years, but as I recall - it's just south of town a mile or 2, just off the pavement to the right/west. Stella can give you/us better directions.

There is, or at least was, a nice, fiberglass floating deck there, and the plane was in front of it with buoys, I think.

"Search and Fine excercise!!" If you're not there by the time I leave, I'll stop back by the hole and tell you what I can...

Oh yeah, current forecast for Saturday is 71 degrees, Sunday 75!! That's a lot warmer than 41 when I was there in February. :dazzler1:

don

:D
Dons right, Perch is just South and East a bit from Blue Hole. If you go out the back way, past the cemetary and make a left at the main road in its just a short ride East of there (I mean short). Couldn't find a decent online map, sorry.

The plane is in pretty much the center of the lake/pond at about 50' or so. If we are the only ones there (keep the fingers and toes crossed) and no AOW students it should be better viz this time of year than later on with the algae bloom as the water warms. There is actually a small school of bass and trout that hang out in the lake that are fun to try to find.

I see if we can make contact with you before we head over there so you'll have a clue as to were and when.

We got our final marching orders.
Our class starts at 10:30 am Saturday, so Brian and I are going to Perch lake first thing in the morning. We got directions off the web, no problem there. Thanks. Just look for the terrorized crawfish and you will know where we have been.

The way things look, we are going to be running around like chickens w/ no heads. I think a friendly HI is about all any of us are going to get out of each other. Everyone have fun, dive safe.
Greg

Ok, now I'm pissed. I missed this somehow. I maybe could have worked this out.

I can't make it on this short notice, but next time y'all get together, send me a PM saying ROBERT WAKE UP, and I'll do my damndest to be down there and join everyone.

If you don't mind a wannabe scuba diver tagging along... :eyebrow:

Wijbrandus:
Ok, now I'm pissed. I missed this somehow. I maybe could have worked this out.

I can't make it on this short notice, but next time y'all get together, send me a PM saying ROBERT WAKE UP, and I'll do my damndest to be down there and join everyone.

If you don't mind a wannabe scuba diver tagging along... :eyebrow:
You got it! Don's pretty good at stirring things up as well. Do you make it down this way with much regularity?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom