Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only thing I would consider "Perfect" by your definition is my Atomic Frameless mask. I spent months finding a mask that didn't piss me off when i wore it... As long as atomic exists, i will buy those masks.

-- nielsent

I don't know about perfect, but my favorite general purpose gear?

Oxy bp/w with Mach V, perfect fit and function
Force Fins, original, 15 years old and still move me effortlessly
Poseidon Cyclons, I like both my plastics and metals.

Much of my equipment is almost perfect and I have also become very picky ;-).

But I would consider perfect my:

Halcyon Evolve 40lb doubles wing

3.5' Halycon SMB

Halcyon 400' Pathfinder reel

HP100 singles

My Scubapro MK25 S600 doubles regs

Tech 2G Bottom timer

I am happy with my X-vision mask--it is comfortable and dry--but all these Atomic frameless endorsements are tempting me; I wouldn't mind a wider view. My ScubaPro booties are near perfect--to the point that I had forgotten what a pain bad booties can be. I had a pair with a poorly placed seam that would etch a hole in my foot on any dive I did significant swimming. My Atomic M1 regulators are the best I've ever used--nothing else tempts me. My Subal camera housing is not only beautiful, but ergonomic. I may upgrade to a new camera and housing at some point, but I will stick with Subal. The rest of my gear I am pretty neutral on: open to changing it, but not motivated to.

Mako Mask
Aqualung Cousteau SEA 4 (high flow, huge chunk of brass, with tons of ports)
Scuba Pro Jet Fins
Benda 35W HID Canister light
Zeagle ZX 2nd stage
DIN connections
Zeagle Ranger
Spring Straps

Good thread! I'm pretty surprised how much of my gear didnt make the list and also how much "perfect" gear I have gotten rid of... Now I wonder if things are better in my memory or new gear is crap... BPW is great but the ranger sure was comfy.

My body. Does exactly what I want it to do.
Thank you for changing up the clever "my brain" post that inevitably pops up in every equipment thread.

Scubapro Classic Sport BC (unfortunately, they've discontinued it this year).
Yes, the newer models don't look like an improvement to me. LeisurePro still has some in stock, at a pretty nice price ($325).

Back
Top Bottom