Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like my Legend LX reg!

the problem with perfection is the closer you get, the more it seems to receed into the distance, I keep raising 'my' bar, so I no longer believe in perfection, but with 10 yrs diving/gear experience/accumulation/upgrades, I feel pretty good that if I bought nothing else from this day forward, I'd still be in pretty good shape 'as-is'...as soon as I accumulate a few more Atomic Cobalts and wrist-mount Cobalts once those are available.

Quite happy with my SeaCure II mouthpiece. Fits MY teefies perfectly. :)

My idea about what "would" be "perfect" gear would be, first of all, an air tank that would be around 2" in diameter and 6" tall which would hold around 120cf at around 5000psi and hoses of about 1/8" diameter. The low pressure inlet would be screwed into your left ear and the exhaust into your right ear with an additional exhaust valve in your nose, your mouth remaining shut at all times except to taste various sea creature tidbits. Ones eyes would have built-in vision compensators so no mask would be necessary. One would be genetically engineered so that by pressing your tongue against one of you molars your feet would turn into ForceFins and your heart and lungs would be morphed into a nulear engine for propulsion, making a boat unessessary, and converting sea water to air again so as to replenish your air tank. Haven't figured out where to route the nuclear powered exhaust yet. Use you imagination. On completion of your daily dive trip a push on the opposing molar would bring everything back to normal.

the problem with perfection is the closer you get, the more it seems to receed into the distance

Yes, if nothing else, this thread made me realize what a picky whiner I've become! For example, I want my L Jets to have a longer blade with the same foot pocket, and I want my Dive Rite fins (which have a longer blade for the same foot pocket) to be heavier. I want my Liquivision to have colors, 'cuz I got spoiled with the Xen, or I want the Xeo to have VPM, and I want ALL of them to last longer on a charge/battery. I want my dry suit to have pockets but still be light and dry fast and fit perfectly, and I want my light to be bright, focused but broad enough, durable, burn forever and not have any Anderson connectors :) I want my almost perfect SK7s not to develop cracks after several years of diving. I want my almost perfect Dorcy backup lights not to cut the cave line I tie to them (and no, dremeling hasn't solved it).

I'm a whiner. I admit it.

Reactions: Jax
Lynn,

The Intova lights my wife bought cut the line also. I had to use a small carbide dental burr to create a pretty big radius around the hole.
There isn't much room to work with since the post that the hole goes through is recessed.

-Mitch

Force Fins Pro, with bungee straps.

Halcyon Evolve with hog harness and ali backplate.

Back
Top Bottom