Dive gear stolen this morning 12/20/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm posting this for a friend.

Tonia Boyd, manager of Lighthouse Diving in Seattle had all her dive gear stolen from her van this morning in the 1800 block of Westlake Ave. North. A witness saw 2 white males, one older and one younger, in a blue 4-door Lincoln unloading gear from Tania's van into the Lincoln. If anyone has any info or sees any suspicious sellers of gear please contact the Seattle Police department.

I have a more complete list of the stolen gear but it includes a DUI model CLX450 size small drysuit, Apex regulators, Vyper wrist computer, 2 UK Light Cannons, o2 cylinder with medical regulator, OMS wing with Dive-Rite backplate and a Tusa Selene Jacket BC.

All dive stores have been notified including Discount Divers. Due to the nature of the crime this gear will probably end up in pawn shops as several other cars were broken into this morning in the neighborhood.

Tania's number at Lighthouse is (206)524-1633

Thanks,
Gray

Always sad to hear this kind of thing happening. Just a reminder to scan E-bay for sales in your area. Hope they get her gear back and catch these guys.

Do you have serial numbers? Although i hear its not always up to date, there is a site out there that lists stolen gear if you feel like putting up anything there.

gcbryan:
A witness saw 2 white males, one older and one younger, in a blue 4-door Lincoln unloading gear from Tania's van into the Lincoln.
Hope they choke on it.

tiggrr:
What he said X2

X a lot.

I hope it turns up. We had a few suspect items recently turn up at our swap meet a couple of weeks ago and I ran serial numbers but they were clean.

I'd just love to catch a thief.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom