Dive conditions due to rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Muck Divers! just looking to find out what diving is like due to all of the rain we have been getting?
last time I got out their the viz was great but now if it gets like last year we wont have much of a season.

We went to to tenkiller last wed-saturday, took a little over 40 students all together. The vis out in the lake and the cove we were at was terrible, maybe 2 feet. However, on thursday we went to check out the scuba park and the vis was MUCH better. Before it started getting messed up from all the traffic, I would say viz was 15 ft at least, it was really nice. After students being in and out all day, it was still probably 10 feet in most places. Saturday morning a couple of us went off the ledge to about 110ft, and once you get below 85ft or so it REALLY opens up. We could see as far as our lights would shine, probably 30 feet. It was the best dive of the week. Also, I know some people that went to beaver 2 weeks ago and they said viz was really good there, up to 30 feet I think.

well thats really cool I was looking for something much worse! I'm glad all of the rain in our area has not messed things up to bad.
I'm heading to norfork on Monday so I'll get ta find out what its like their!
Thanks for your post!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom