Dive Computers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPBECK:
What site is that Mod? If that really is Curt-- he should change his user name cause pea brains are going to have a field day trolling on him.

I am sure there is LOTS of bubble blowing morons here, but I was invited to join in and stir the pot a little. :)

Seriously, The Deco Stop is an extremely good forum for technical divers but I am always on the search for new places, and ideas.

I am trying to expand ADM more into the recreational advanced areas. Dont worry, I still plan on keeping as much tech stuff, just increasing the page count in each issue with some more photography, cool live aboard charters and some dive resorts.

The increased income will pay for the added pages and postage.

I have found this forum difficult to follow due to the amount of petty postings and extremely simple (stupid) questions. But then I try to remember back to the days when I was new and it isnt so bad.

Its a good place to meet new divers and get involved in some new projects.

I will see how long I can stand it. :)

Well, you are most welcome good cur---I know its spelled wrong that was the point.

I agree that there are far too many simple questions being asked in what is expected to be an advanced forum. But when one tries to make light of that fact --the landlocked agree divers will sworm. So be warned.

Also we want more color pictures this is not the days of the beloved AquaCorps mag! But other than that you are doing a much better a job than Deep Tech did-- and I loved Deep tech! Favorite: Fear and Loathing the Internet--- sort of approprate here too--- that was great!

nice talking ot you!

MechDiver:
There isn't any other site. It was a typo on Mikes part.
ROFL..

polkster13:
Since you have a brain, it is recommended that you use that as your dive computer and not rely on something that can be lost or damaged during the dive (have a battery go dead, flood, et cetera).

...you mean like tables? Are you seriously suggesting that the average diver can reliably estimate deco limits on the fly?

doole:
...you mean like tables? Are you seriously suggesting that the average diver can reliably estimate deco limits on the fly?
No, the "average" diver can't even estimate BMI limits on the fly.

doole:

I don't know if I'm "average", but yes, its not that difficult to do. I'm usually +/- only about 2 mins tops when it comes to my estimation of the NDL and my computer's estimation of my NDL.

Part of why its easy may be that its cold up here and actual "bottom times" (vs. "run time") on dives usually doesn't exceed 45 mins, and I like to stay above 100 fsw for narcosis reasons, so there's just a narrow window between about 80-100 fsw where it really matters (on EAN32). Multilevel diving also isn't that difficult, since I don't ride the NDL curve, so once I hit the NDLs deep and head back up to 40-50 fsw or so, the shallower NDLs exceed my gas reserve...

I could probably switch the computer into gauge mode at this point, but I don't think there's any real benefit from doing so...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom