Dive Computers that DO NOT lock out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cochran - it was the reason I bought one in '93 +/-. It was about the only one I could find back then that would continue to attempt to get your but out with a solution, no matter how dumb you could be. I believe they still do that...

The problem is that the Cochran is still '93 technology and cost 3x what the perdix cost

Back in the day, I dived a Cochran EMC-14, a little more liberal than DSAT. I bought it for a song during one of the DAN auctions, I still miss those. It still works today, I dive it every once in a while, just for fun. Several years ago, Cochran significantly decreased their prices. The EMC-16 goes for $400 and the EMC-20H for $600. I nearly bought a 16 several years ago but bought a Dive RIte Nitek Q for the same price so that I could learn Buhlmann with GF. Neither the EMC-14 or 16 would have locked me out for a deco violation, the Nitek Q would

Hi @rhwestfall

You're a young whippersnapper. I was certified about 5 years younger than you, LA County. At the age you were diving your Cochran, I was diving a cylinder with a J-valve, but had a SPG by then, a capillary depth gauge, and Navy tables. Times changes, now, amongst other things, I dive a Teric, running on the same PPS transmitter I was already using. Things have improved:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom