Dive Computers that DO NOT lock out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone, know what computers do not lock out? Ores I specifically looking at are the ProPlus X, Cobalt 2 and Scubapro G2.I know the PedrixAI does not and that one is high on my list.
Thanks

I'd say that any tech diving oriented computer won't lock out, contrary to the ones designed specifically for rec diving.

Anyone, know what computers do not lock out? Ores I specifically looking at are the ProPlus X, Cobalt 2 and Scubapro G2.I know the PedrixAI does not and that one is high on my list.
Thanks
Proplus X - from the manual, which is on-line
upload_2019-9-4_18-52-15.png

Cobalt 2 - from the manual, which is on-line
upload_2019-9-4_18-54-6.png

ScubaPro G2 - from the manual, which is on -line
upload_2019-9-4_18-57-59.png

So, go find the manual for any computer you are interested in, and look at it.

The Scubapro G2 is able to be unlocked with a three digit code that can be found in the manual. Not suggesting you do it but the ability is there.

Cochran - it was the reason I bought one in '93 +/-. It was about the only one I could find back then that would continue to attempt to get your but out with a solution, no matter how dumb you could be. I believe they still do that...

Cochran - it was the reason I bought one in '93 +/-. It was about the only one I could find back then that would continue to attempt to get your but out with a solution, no matter how dumb you could be. I believe they still do that...

The problem is that the Cochran is still '93 technology and cost 3x what the perdix cost

and cost 3x what the perdix cost

when is the last time you looked?

$600 for the "loaded" 20h...

so, tell me where I can get a Pedrix for $200.....

cochran just isn't as intuitive to use as shearwater. rather not sit there licking my fingers and poking it with a bolt snap. also, the long term viability of the company may be an issue since their founder passed.

Back
Top Bottom