Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Vyper. It's worked well for me, and pricing is pretty reasonable from online sources.

For even better deals, try the overseas online stores - simplyscuba.com or diveinn.com. I've ordered from both stores with great success.

Or you can try your luck on ebay. I got my Vyper console there for a great price.

Marc

The more I dive with my Mosquito, the less I like it. I used to wear my Vyper on my wrist. Then I got a Mosquito and popped the Vyper into a console. Little dive computer. Big mistake.

I find the Vyper display 100% easier to read. Also, by default the Vyper displays more information than the Mosquito. The Vyper has an ascent rate graph running up the right hand side. I like to look at the graph as I ascend to ensure that I don't rise to quickly. This past weekend I ended up holding both my console and my reel in one hand while trying to reel in the line with the other hand. It was awkward. I wouldn't have been doing this if the Mosquito on my wrist displayed all the information that I wanted.

raviepoo once bubbled...
This past weekend I ended up holding both my console and my reel in one hand while trying to reel in the line with the other hand. It was awkward.
Totally...that was one of the biggest reasons why I ditched my console on Ebay and wristmounted my Vyper and compass with bungee.

Leisurepro has the Suunto Favor for $149. It is more then capable, it's just not as loaded as the Vyper. I wouldn't hesitate to use one for "regular" diving. My Suunto SME-ML was a workhorse for years, the Favor is basically a very updated model. Simple, easy to read, tough.

Vyper for $299
Favor for $149

If you're even considering Enriched Air Diving, spend the $299 now.
Either way, you're in good hands.
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom