Dive computer recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bear

Reaction score
http://www.nandotimes.com/nation/story/470340p-3759672c.html

Nation: Faulty scuba diving computers recalled

Copyright © 2002 AP Online

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (July 18, 2002 12:47 p.m. EDT) - About 1,700 computer consoles used by scuba divers are being recalled because their pressure gauges give inaccurate readings.

Divers who use the broken gauges can suffer decompression sickness, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday. The commission and Johnson Outdoors Inc., the Racine, Wis., company that manufactures the gauges, have received four reports of malfunctioning gauges but know of no injuries.

UWATEC brand Smart PRO, Pro ULTRA and Sport PLUS consoles with U-Line gauges are included in the recall. The gray consoles have "UWATEC" printed on front, and the following codes are on the back of the gauges: Tested-IL, Tested-JL, Tested-KL, Tested-LL, Tested-AM, Tested-BM, Tested-CM, Tested-DM and Tested-EM.

They were sold at dive shops and sporting good stores nationwide from January through May.

For more information, call (800) 382-2211.

FYI

Someone mentioned they heard that there was some problem with the Suunto Vyper...anybody else hear this?

...the guy (from my dive club) said Vyper, but I bet you money he meant Vytec. I will ask him and post if it really was the vyper.

Back
Top Bottom