• I dive with Tables as my backup

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I use my buddy as a back up

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

BTW, Can kiwis use computers now??????:D

:poking:

I am truly humbled by a kangaroo who can type ... is that with one finger or two :)

No jabs about the Rugby?
I left you a perfect opening there...............:D

I too found the same thing with ascents, I have only owned a computer with Ascent rate for a few years, when I first go it, I was amazed at how slow it was.
At first I just thought it was my 'puter, but I used a mates, and his came up with the same results.

Personally, I try to use my own senses on ascents, in water with low viz or no objects to ref to, I use the computer.
If I ever lose the computers functionality, I think I would be OK, but its due to the fact that I use both methods on a regular occassion.

Dave

SCUBAMedic once bubbled...
I disagree with using the local veg in the water and bubbles to monitor ascent rates when you have a very good ascent rate meter on the computer - but then again I am a very big fan of slow ascents 10m minute (Sunnto).
SCUBAMedic.... I like 10f per minute better... but I can only do this by watching the *local veg* in the water (I call it *stuff*)

And when it gets to the last 10f we might even cut that in half.

I don't watch my Suunto at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom