• I dive with Tables as my backup

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I use my buddy as a back up

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoopy once bubbled...
err...seems that you will need to hand-hold me thru this...what do you mean... :confused:
OK... we will have a class... but not right now... I gotta go shoot a camper plus do some fiberglass work.

Hmmm... you didn't get tables in your OW cert class?

I have one table with me.... will wait for that class from you to start....

cheers

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

OK... we will have a class... but not right now... I gotta go shoot a camper plus do some fiberglass work.

Hmmm... you didn't get tables in your OW cert class?

Snoopy once bubbled...
I have one table with me....
Did they teach you how to use the table in your OW class?
Do you remember how to use the table?
Do you have a bottom timer?
Do you have a depth gauge?

btw... what table do you have?

then tables-always have 'em!

It actually never occured to me to depend on a computer-I use it as a convenience and to make deep dives easier. I always plan the dive on tables...

I guess I should also use to learn the wheel too...

Ken

looking forward to your PM, and thanks for fixing my booboo...now I am getting out of here before I do some REAL damage! (Season 4 of Star Trek NG just arrived and the kids are waiting impatiently!)

Ken

Lets see:

Yup, they did taught me how to use the Padi table (blue color chart). I somewhat remember how they works, but not so sure for multi-level. (that why I have the DC for)

Do you have a bottom timer? NO - or the watch will do ?

Do you have a depth gauge? YES

Where do we start ?

Snoopy once bubbled...
Where do we start ?
Put the computer in the drawer and get a bottom timer... a watch could work but you are better off with a bottom timer/depth gauge like the Uwatec or OMS (same thing different decal.)

Or perhaps you could check your manual as see if your dive computer will function as a depth gauge/bottom timer... what is commonly called *gauge mode.* If it does... get it back out of the drawer and you can use that.

now... plan a dive using your PADI RDP as a guide... so many minutes at so many feet... and keep it within the NDL. Yes figure it as a square profile.

Then... using the plan do the dive watching to see what your max depth really is... but do not go below your planned depth. Stay down no longer than your planned time even if you have plenty of gas to stay down longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom