Dive Clubs Boston area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am moving to Boston September first. I was looking into the dive clubs there. Can anyone recommend a good dive club?

There are tons of Dive Clubs in the Boston area.

If you mean specific to Boston, there is the New England Aquarium Dive Club but to be fair, they haven't been very active lately. They do have some great speakers and members can get a chance to dive in the Giant Ocean Tank via raffle.

North Shore Frogmen is another good group that dives regularly all year round. There is also the MetroWest Dive Club and the South Shore Neptunes although I dont know that much about them.

Are you moving into Boston, or into one of suburbs? Because there are local dive clubs in suburbs.

There are tons of Dive Clubs in the Boston area.

If you mean specific to Boston, there is the New England Aquarium Dive Club but to be fair, they haven't been very active lately. They do have some great speakers and members can get a chance to dive in the Giant Ocean Tank via raffle.

North Shore Frogmen is another good group that dives regularly all year round. There is also the MetroWest Dive Club and the South Shore Neptunes although I dont know that much about them.

Good info. I might add that MetroWest members do shore dives regularly and they welcome newcomers to dive with them. They meet every Saturday morning at Burger King on Rt 128 near Exit 18 and then decide on a shore dive site.

MetroWest Dive Club

Dave C

Thanks for all the replies. Was more looking if anyone has any they would recommend. I've looked at all the sites but the offer pretty similar info. Anyone with a lot of good members who are very active? Some of the sites were a little outdated as well.

Just looking for people to dive with. A lot. Moving back to the suburbs with my parents until I find a job in boston area and the wife joins me. Not sure where I will live after that so thought boston would be best. I am looking to meet some people etc. when I move back and thought a dive club would be a good place to start. Also want to do a lot of diving when I get back as I will have everyday free until I get a job. Was planning on doing the dives with Mass diving on Sat or Sunday but wanted people to dive with during the week as well.

Thanks for all the replies. Was more looking if anyone has any they would recommend. I've looked at all the sites but the offer pretty similar info. Anyone with a lot of good members who are very active? Some of the sites were a little outdated as well.

I would say North Shore Frogmen or MetroWest as both clubs are very active. New England Aquarium is a good club for presentations but they don't seem to do as much local diving anymore but I may be a bit biased.

I would say North Shore Frogmen or MetroWest as both clubs are very active. New England Aquarium is a good club for presentations but they don't seem to do as much local diving anymore but I may be a bit biased.

Do you dive with either of these clubs? MetroWest is the one I'm most thinking about now as I will be living in that area.

Do you dive with either of these clubs? MetroWest is the one I'm most thinking about now as I will be living in that area.

I've dived with MetroWest members many times. They're a fun group of guys and gals who will readily offer help, but won't be intrusive or controlling. They will choose a dive site based on the consensus of the group, but within the members' stated capabilities or comfort zone.

Dave C

Back
Top Bottom