Dive Buddys - Who's diving where this week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecNcaver:
Who are you diving with on Sunday? I am diving Port Sanilac on Sunday, the Regina and Mary Alice B.

Kim
I am diving on a charter with The Rabbit, her husband, and one her advanced students. I believe that Gary Binieki is taking us out (sorry about that spelling if you are reading this Capt.). We are diving the Regina, Mary Alice B., Col. Williams, and Sport. What time are you diving on Sunday. I believe that the Capt. Gary that I normally go through (Gary Venet, Sr.) sent me an e-mail listing a Sunday charter as having available walk-on space with those wrecks. Would that be who you are using?

diver_paula:
Openings on Tobe And you're just now letting us know? LOL Bummer, next weekend I'll be diving the Wexford on Saturday and Whitestar on Sunday.
The trip is through our shop and the trip leader (while organized above and beyond the call of duty) just now started mentioning to the rest of us that we could use another couple of divers. But, hey so far we only have eight divers AND we have the Deep Obession locked up regardless. That leaves more room for us, I guess, LOL.

BTW, there are lots of divers with more toys than me! My two instructor buddies (the two Tims, as I know them) haul their gear around in a motorcycle trailer that I have actually camped out in! The one Tim collects vintage dive gear that takes up his basement and both have two or three sets of doubles and various stages. It is a good thing for them that they are certified to do their own visuals, LOL.

diverbrian:
I am diving on a charter with The Rabbit, her husband, and one her advanced students. I believe that Gary Binieki is taking us out (sorry about that spelling if you are reading this Capt.). We are diving the Regina, Mary Alice B., Col. Williams, and Sport. What time are you diving on Sunday. I believe that the Capt. Gary that I normally go through (Gary Venet, Sr.) sent me an e-mail listing a Sunday charter as having available walk-on space with those wrecks. Would that be who you are using?

Yes that would be who I am diving with, boat leaves at 8:30 am. . We have about 5-7 going as he did not get the boat filled. Have fun, maybe I will see you on the Regina.

diver_paula:
Sounds very doable. Haven't had the tent out yet this year. I'm not sure when I could get there as I'll be out quite late Friday. Give me a call once you figure something out.

So far it's just you & me (& probably my wife & dog) on Saturday. Stsiddall & another buddy both told me they might show up Sunday. The weatherman is forcasting storms on Sunday, so I don't know how well this is going to go. We'll just have to keep an eye on the weather.

Heading for Gilboa Saturday AM with JCHOBY. Hope to hook up with some more wreckers!

diver_paula:
BTW - I have a couple friends that are going out with Venet Sunday morning. If that's who you are chartering with you won't be able to miss them. Bob is 6'7" and very pale. Mike is VERY talkative and will most likely be diving doubles. Both are great guys but I'm sure you and Mike will have great 'stories' given he has more toys than you! And his Mustang is a classic and only leaves the garage for special occassions and really good weather.

Have fun!
Paula

Paula,
I think your friends will be diving with the group I am going with. We have 5 coming from Divers Inc, and will meet your two friends at the boat. We are keeping our fingers crossed we don't get blown out on Sunday, but the weather forecast sure needs to improve.

Kim

Tiny Bubbles:
So far it's just you & me (& probably my wife & dog) on Saturday. Stsiddall & another buddy both told me they might show up Sunday. The weatherman is forcasting storms on Sunday, so I don't know how well this is going to go. We'll just have to keep an eye on the weather.

oooh.. and my family finally convinced me to drive to Pennsylvania. & the weather report did help influence me. Glad you have another buddy and hopefully the following weekend will work.

diver_paula:
oooh.. and my family finally convinced me to drive to Pennsylvania. & the weather report did help influence me. Glad you have another buddy and hopefully the following weekend will work.

Not a problem... And I'm not camping and the wife's not coming, and Stsiddall is going Today instead of Sunday, all because of the weather. So now it's me & Stsiddall (and I heard maybe scubafishee?) going to Whitestar today, with nobody camping there overnight.

Scott & I did 3 dives at White Star on Saturday, 7/3/4. Here's a few choice photos from there. The crusher holes, potato chip truck, and pretty much everything near the shore entry were silted out bad. Great vis could be found around the police car, cabin cruiser, and top half of the wall. Lots of little fish & crawdads everywhere.

I'm diving Lake Fenton today at noon. Probably Whitestar again next weekend (7/10/04 not sure if I'm camping or not) {Edit: I don't think I can go anywhere this weekend} and Portage the weekend after that (7/17/04 and probably camping).

I'm looking for someone to dive with during the week. I'm laid off for 2 weeks.

-Tiny-B.

Ray,

Jim and I (and a few others) should be at Whtestar next Sunday. We're diving the Wexford on Saturday so won't make it down Sat. night to camp.

Also, how about starting a new thread for each weekend? Otherwise new members to the board will have to keep looking through 7 or more pages to find the current weekend.

Paula

p.s GREAT shot of the police car!!!!

p.p.s. See anything new out near the Frito Lay truck and the cabin cruiser???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom