dive buddy needed Lake Travis 8/13, 8/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are funny, cant wait to meet you in person. Are you going to be at the morning check-out dives or the afternoon? We'll be at both & I might have a dive buddy for dad...

Aggiedad: My instructor is Dennis Pfeffer @ dive world #1. Really great guy. (took classroom last Sat/Sun)

C-Monkey: We're going to be on the morning checkout and I intend to be there bright and early. I'm a riot of course, but then again I cannot vouch for my dad, I guess a little bit of me rubbed off on him afterall...

BillT5: Hmm, I'm sure you'll find a way!!!

Radar7704:
Aggiedad: My instructor is Dennis Pfeffer @ dive world #1. Really great guy. (took classroom last Sat/Sun)

C-Monkey: We're going to be on the morning checkout and I intend to be there bright and early. I'm a riot of course, but then again I cannot vouch for my dad, I guess a little bit of me rubbed off on him afterall...

BillT5: Hmm, I'm sure you'll find a way!!!

Dennis is a great guy. I did AOW with him. Don't know any good stories that you could get him with though.
Have fun
Dan

BillT5: my brother-in-law Nathan will be there Saturday morning around 8:30 & said he'd be glad to dive with you & show you around. He's experienced (about 150 dives- mostly in Lake Travis) & real laid back- you guys will have fun.
Radar: We DM for Dennis alot, he is a good instructor. I'm glad you're ready for an early start since he likes to meet at the crack of dawn! We'll see you at the lake!

For Bill and c-monkey's brother-in-law, I was considering getting in some diving this weekend, but am also without someone to dive with. Wondering if you would have room for another in the group. I have a good deal of experience, but my knowledge of Lake Travis is quite limited.

cdtgray:
For Bill and c-monkey's brother-in-law, I was considering getting in some diving this weekend, but am also without someone to dive with. Wondering if you would have room for another in the group. I have a good deal of experience, but my knowledge of Lake Travis is quite limited.

I figure the more the better! I guess I will be with the shop class bunch since I will arrive with my sons and DIL. So We will have to meet up somehow.

Yes of course you are welcome to join in!
Nathan said he will arrive around 8:30 -- I'm trying to talk him into riding with Trey & I, but I dont think he wants to get up that early! So you can find our group by looking for the 2 blue canopies side by side covering the tables near a bunch of bright yellow tanks; usually close to platform 3.... see you all tomorrow!

Hey guys...this is c-monkey's husband. My brother Nathan will be out there at 8:30AM...we're gonna bring his gear out for him so he can come a little later (he just packed it up). If either of you guys dive doubles, that's what he dives with...but he's fine with doing one dive with you guys and a solo afterwards or two dives if ya'll are up for it. He'll be able to show you most of the stuff out there, and he'll probably be planning a max depth of around 100-120ft. If either of you aren't comfortable with that depth, just adjust your plan with him in the AM. See you guys tomorrow!

-Trey

tlessard:
Hey guys...this is c-monkey's husband. My brother Nathan will be out there at 8:30AM...we're gonna bring his gear out for him so he can come a little later (he just packed it up). If either of you guys dive doubles, that's what he dives with...but he's fine with doing one dive with you guys and a solo afterwards or two dives if ya'll are up for it. He'll be able to show you most of the stuff out there, and he'll probably be planning a max depth of around 100-120ft. If either of you aren't comfortable with that depth, just adjust your plan with him in the AM. See you guys tomorrow!

-Trey

I am comfortable with whatever depth - I might or might not have my doubles with me tomorrow, but can adjust plans accordingly. More than anything I just want to get in some dives to get to know the lake.

You guys are meeting at windy point tomorrow, correct?

-Dave

cdtgray:
I am comfortable with whatever depth - I might or might not have my doubles with me tomorrow, but can adjust plans accordingly. More than anything I just want to get in some dives to get to know the lake.

You guys are meeting at windy point tomorrow, correct?

-Dave

Yes we'll all be meeting up at Windy Point (the students will meet at the shop 1st to pick up gear). If you didnt know- fills are available there or just up around the corner at Dive World 2 so you all can do 2 dives if you want...
-Cyndi :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom