Dive Buddy/boat for July 16, 17, & 18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalaurel:
:partytime
hahaha.... only you'll have to call it a scubalaurel or scuba-l dive, as I won't ever be able to make it to another one! ROTFLMAO!!!!

:laughing:

I vote for DOHdive, but I may be a bit biased (and self centered).

D_O_H:
I vote for DOHdive, but I may be a bit biased (and self centered).

:banghead: But the joke is this...The So Cal monthly scubaboarder dives are called "wrinkles" dives, because Anna, or wrinkles, organized the first one. They have been meeting for well over 2 years now and still call it the "wrinkles' dive". However, Anna has only made it to one or two that I am aware of. (not that I have ever made it to one.... unfortunately)

So, you gotta name it after someone who will most likely never, ever, ever show up to another event. Get it? :lol3:

scubalaurel:
:banghead: But the joke is this...The So Cal monthly scubaboarder dives are called "wrinkles" dives, because Anna, or wrinkles, organized the first one. They have been meeting for well over 2 years now and still call it the "wrinkles' dive". However, Anna has only made it to one or two that I am aware of. (not that I have ever made it to one.... unfortunately)

So, you gotta name it after someone who will most likely never, ever, ever show up to another event. Get it? :lol3:

If never seeing you all again is what it takes to finally start my 15 minutes of fame, I'm willing to make the... umm... sacrifice.

Any chance to add another diver for Sunday?
My wife had knee surgery and has allways been my dive buddy, so right now she can't dive, and I have had an awful itch to go diving.
I live out near Fresno.
Steve

It's an open event, come on up.

So we've decided that we're meeting at the El Torito parking lot at 9am on Sunday, for those who wish to join the "NorCal Wrinkles" disorganized dive session. We'll take a peek at the conditions and decide where we're diving, but hopefully Coral Street/Inner Chase Reef and Lover's 3 if it's fairly calm, or Lover's Cove and possibly Breakwater if it's not so nice.

Sounds good. Let the first annual NorCal (name here) dive begin. Any other SoCalers welcome too. :D

dlndavid:
Sounds good. Let the first annual NorCal (name here) dive begin. Any other SoCalers welcome too. :D

The forecast is looking great:

PZZ535-162200-
MONTEREY BAY-
900 AM PDT SAT JUL 16 2005

.TODAY...LIGHT WINDS...BECOMING W TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 6 FT AT 9 SECONDS.
AREAS OF FOG...MAINLY IN THE MORNING.
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 6 FT AT 10 SECONDS.
AREAS OF FOG.
.SUN THROUGH MON...W WIND 10 TO 15 KT AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS...
LIGHT WINDS NIGHT AND MORNING HOURS. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 2 TO 5 FT. AREAS OF FOG...MAINLY NIGHT AND MORNING HOURS.

.TUE AND WED...W WINDS 10 KT OR LESS NIGHT AND MORNING HOURS...10 TO
20 KT AFTERNOONS AND EVENINGS. WIND WAVES 1 TO 4 FT. NW SWELL 2 TO 5
FT. AREAS OF FOG.

Well we all met the for the first annual ScubaLaurel dive of NorCal. I was late arriving to Dannobee's house as he was leaving, waved my get a pass on being late papers (Yahoo map) and loaded my gear into his truck with the greatest of effeciency. Got to the redevous location at El Toritos in Monterey (late, I know, my fault, and that's "Little Bull in English). Decided to dive as planned, (plan the dive, dive the plan, too cool). Went too Inner Chase reef, when we got to the Coral St. location, a guy approached me and asked me if we were a dive club, something in the back of my mind clicked, I asked, "what's your name?" He said: "Fred" (omg) I laughed and yelled out to all "It's Fred". Then I told him he was infamous, and he walked away. (Fred is real... people). Upon getting ready I noticed Dannobee had the same weight bag I have, DOH, that's not mine, (shoot). But with the help of cheepguy and DOH, we rigged my gear with DYI weights (do yourself in) and we we're off. So a "save a dive kit" actually worked. part 1, stay tuned for more. (man I'm tired and sunburnt, gotta get to bed)

All you Nor Cal guys rock! :rock_band

Went out with Scubajunkee and ZF2NT on Monday. We went to Point Lobos. Amazing. I saw more fish here in the first ten minutes of the first dive then the first 5 dives in Monterey and Pacific grove combined!!!! :fish:

On the second dive, got to see the lone metridium and was accompanied by a harbor seal pupg. He/she kept coming over to us and grabbing one fin, then rubbed himself/herself against the fin. I slowly brought my leg towards me and was able to scratch his tummy three seperate times. :crazy3: SO AWESOME!!!!

I have had seven awesome dives so far!!! Wednesday night, I am getting one last one in. Heading to Butterfly Reef for a night dive. :butterfly

BTW, I think you should name the NorCal scubaboard dives "NorCal Cheep divers."
:1poke:

As none of you were willing to spend money on real food....or boats!! hahaha no, really, I DO love you guys! :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom