Dive buddies needed ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Guys: Sorry for the late response but I had an unfortunate little accident while diving Folly Cove and would not be able to dive this whole week.

After finishing our second dive I was following Nick and RHaren out of the water and was holding a heavy camera housing. The rocks were very slippery and I was unable to crawl because the camera housing dangling from my chest. In one of those moments as I tried to stand and walk over those tocks, I twisted my ankle and fell with all that weight on top of me. Soon after unsuiting, I did not feel much pain except for a very slight limp. As day progressed and I checked in the hotel for the next day of diving, the limp became more and more pronounced as it was hurting to put weight on it. Next morning when I woke up, I had considerable swelling. RHaren and I first discussed doing one dive with an easier shore entry but I noticed that the swelling was preventing me from putting my foot into the booties. I had to call RHaren and tell him that I wont be able to dive.

Besides a stupid foot injury it was a major psychological blow for me because, I had already paid and stayed the night in Cape Ann so that I could dive the next day. Secondly it was a wonderful day to dive and dive conditions seemed even better than the day before. Finally, our dive at the Folly Cove had gone so much better than what I imagined that I was really looking forward to the other dive sites. Driving back with a swolen foot was more depressing than it was painful.

Right now the swelling does not seem bad but it would not be a good idea to fin in surge with a healing foot. So that was the sad story of my life ... Ill be posting some pictures that I took at Folly Cove.

Bummer Capt.! That's the only down side to Folly Cove, those damn rocks! Even high tide doesn't insure ya don't have to walk on 'em at least some. Hope you get better soon. Foot up ice for the ankle and the drink!

In one of those moments as I tried to stand and walk over those tocks, I twisted my ankle and fell with all that weight on top of me.

Sorry Captain - Welcome to Gulf of Maine diving. We do a lot of crawling around here! Last time I fell my fins were in my hand and behind my back when I fell down on top of them. I wrenched my shoulder joint and was hurting for a month. Now I always keep at least one hand free just in case.

Now you have a good reason to visit the Boston Aquarium in case you haven't already. There'll be another time. DC is not that far away.

---------- Post Merged at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I am cancelling the night dive on Wednesday night if anyone is interested. The forecast still calls for 9-12' seas in the morning with rain showers and 6-9' seas in the afternoon and an outgoing tide to boot. The viz in the dark will be non-existent. You probably won't be able to see your hand in front of your face. I'm not even mentioning the adventure at the entry/exit with a strong N or NW wind and 25kt gusts in the dark! There will be another night in the near future I'm sure.

Sorry to hear of your mishap; not because of its preventing a dive with me but simply because it is an injury.

Take care, heal, and come back when you are able.

G_M

Sorry to hear of your mishap Captain.

I don't know what shore conditions are like down your way but many of our sites can be treacherous, especially as the tide drops and you need to walk through the slippery sea weed covered rocks.

Heal well and I hope to meet up with you at some future time.

Pete

Great! Here is the plan then:

Sunday 16th:
Shore dive @ Folly Cove (Participants: R Haren, AfterDark, Nick101, Captain Sinbad)

Wednesday 19th:
Shore Dive @ Nubble (Participants: Green Maneleshi, Captain Sinbad (afternoon)
Old Flounder, Captain Sinbad(Night Dive)

Thanks a lot folks. Looking forward to it :D.

BTW where does everyone rent tanks from? I am looking to rent steel 100s.

Well, this is interesting. Haven't really made it down to this forum before, for I won't be located into the area until the middle of next year. Ironically, our group was diving Folly's Cove for two dives the 16th. We were the first group there- what a beautiful day it was. I did find a dive flag and returned it to one group. Hope you caught the Moon snails- they were huge. Included the second photo so everyone could gauge their size.

And yes those rock are rough. We went out at about 10:00, and good thing we had the intertube/float to put the camerasin and push them along as we crawled out on all fours. Much easier coming in near high tide.

I'll keep an eye on this forum as I move North.

TT_Cape_Ann.jpgTT_Cape_Ann-2.jpg

If those moon snails are cooked right they are yummy! Nice pictures!

Well, this is interesting. Haven't really made it down to this forum before, for I won't be located into the area until the middle of next year. Ironically, our group was diving Folly's Cove for two dives the 16th. We were the first group there- what a beautiful day it was. I did find a dive flag and returned it to one group. Hope you caught the Moon snails- they were huge. Included the second photo so everyone could gauge their size.

And yes those rock are rough. We went out at about 10:00, and good thing we had the intertube/float to put the camerasin and push them along as we crawled out on all fours. Much easier coming in near high tide.

I'll keep an eye on this forum as I move North.

View attachment 137760View attachment 137761

Nice pics. How much was the viz when you took these pictures?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom