Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boater Dan

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Gary:

When I logged in today, I happened to catch one of your photos on the home page of the dive boat you guys latched onto this year.

So, I was wondering:

How did the dive boat ever finish up?
Did you ever post any photos of the completed boat in the water?
Has it been put to use this year at all?

Thanks,

Dan

Boater Dan:
Gary:

When I logged in today, I happened to catch one of your photos on the home page of the dive boat you guys latched onto this year.

So, I was wondering:

How did the dive boat ever finish up?
Did you ever post any photos of the completed boat in the water?
Has it been put to use this year at all?

Thanks,

Dan
We have so many boats to dive from (11 others) we aren’t rushing this one. This will be the Diving/Recovery workhorse built around the SideScan and maybe an ROV.

She is in the water, striped, with radios and useable but anything permeate we are taking our time on. We are still trying to decide on what kind of ladder system we want. We may even have two different one’s with a different style on each side.

We have settled on no light bar, double davits and heated tank storage but until we get the SS positioned we aren’t mounting it.

We only want to do it once so we aren’t in a rush.

Gary D.

You better hurry up Gary cause I know where its at AND where to find the trailer :D hehe

Gregoire:
You better hurry up Gary cause I know where its at AND where to find the trailer :D hehe
When you get back over here we might just have to go use it. I'll hide the keys while were under. :D

Got everything cleaned up and repacked and back to normal in the car. I can't believe what a mess it was after the training.

The big boat came home yesterday. New Gimbal rings, seals, controlls and other goodies. She'll be good to go for another few years. That big and heavy of a boat running 55mph is hard on the drive goodies, but it sure is fun.

Gary D.

My gear is still in the back of my company rig... thinkin I just might be makin a home there, gotta see what the boss has to say about that one :D

Gary D.:
We have so many boats to dive from (11 others) we aren’t rushing this one. Gary D.

Gary:

We have a saying at my "real" job. "There's never enough time to do the job right the first time, but there is always enough time to do it again!!!!"

I did not quite realize you had so many spare dive platforms. During dive ops on the river, we tend to run at least 3 boats from local departments. We use my department's pontoon boat as the platform, the dive team's RIB for transport and pick up of divers, and then a Walk-around cabin from a 3rd department for a safety boat, for those boaters who cannot figure what a dive flag and flashing emergency lights mean.

Keep us updated. You have a good thing going with this one.

Dan

Boater Dan:
Gary:

We have a saying at my "real" job. "There's never enough time to do the job right the first time, but there is always enough time to do it again!!!!"

I did not quite realize you had so many spare dive platforms. During dive ops on the river, we tend to run at least 3 boats from local departments. We use my department's pontoon boat as the platform, the dive team's RIB for transport and pick up of divers, and then a Walk-around cabin from a 3rd department for a safety boat, for those boaters who cannot figure what a dive flag and flashing emergency lights mean.

Keep us updated. You have a good thing going with this one.

Dan
This is my "Real Job". :D

We have;
2-Avon's, 13' & 16' just for the team.
2-Almar 20' jets
2-Almar RHIB's, 20' & 22'.
2-Almar 20' cutty stern drives (only 1 for diving)
1-Almar 28' Cabin with twins that will still do 50+ with the entire team, gear and
support people.
2-3 person PWC's we can dive off of in hard to reach areas.

We can use (it's not our's but belongs to the county) a 30'+ Almar Landing Craft that will do over 50 with a Chevy Yukon on board.

Then there is our 20' Navy Barge.

Then we have access to 7 real nice fire boats with diver cut outs. One is suitable for a NYC harbor fireboat and it's on a smaller lake. The design came from NYC.

So as you can see, out of all those boats, we only have one we don't use for diving. I just realized something. We have access to two boats per diver. WOW, I never looked at it that way before. Why do I even have my own boats?

All the boats have multiple hats but when we need one we take it. We normally have at least one dedicated to the team 24-7 that with few exceptions doesn't do anything else if the rest are patroling.

No rush to get the barge set up.

And this is a paying job?

Gary D.

I am just dreaming of what that must be like....... we have all of 2 boats *sigh* :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom