WPB Rpt Feb 14 - Valentine's Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cold 65 air temps and barely warmer 7-zero bottom temps with 3 foot waves. Viz at a hazy 40ft and real easy 1.0knt currents. Boat coats with hot, burn your tongue chicken noodle soup to stop the shivers. Good bug catches because no one has been diving from the monster waves.

20240214_133734.jpg

Even if your boat doesn't have a propeller, you still will not run over my divers before sinking me first. This sailboat was just 100 ft behind me and not paying attention. Yelling 'sorry' at me doesn't bring my divers home safely.

20240214_113312.jpg

Thank you to Steve and BJ for inviting me today. 7 more weeks and it's the lobster's annual 4mth vacation. Call your favorite dive boat !

Thanks for the trip report. Sure wish I could get out more..
As for the 4 month vacation.. I like the last couple months of that vacation best. Water is warm, the winds have finally died down, the water is blue and vis is good, most of the tourists have left so the roads are less congested, no big bulky wetsuits, boat coats, hot water rinses, no lobster gear and all its assortments.. I feel free and unencumbered. Awwwhh life is good!

Thanks for the update! We went out Saturday, was supposed to be 5ft with 11sec interval. It definitely wasn't! I had a gear issue (completely my fault) on my first dive and immediately surfaced in the washing machine, bad idea! They brought the boat to me, and I held on to the ladder to rest a moment just getting tossed around like a salad. I handed up my gear, got back on the boat, and called it a day. The rest of the boat had a good day, lots of fish speared, not many lobsters.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom