Dive boat accident involving Dive tech and Cathy Church boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Small world. Fond memories of fishing, claming, waterskiing and enjoying the areas. Strangely though no diving.

I'm in East Hampton have been for 25 years before that Westchester spent even weekend in Montauk .

Bought a boat from Mario Scoponich in Hampton Bays became goods friends with him that's how I wound up doing Shinnecock a few times a year.

I dove most of offshore wrecks off NY/NJ over the years,

Was just up at North Shore keeping a boat in Greenpoint for the winter.

Small world ...

Wookie that area scares me watching on tv.
I’d only want to do it on a coast guard boat with a coast guard instructor...

Ataude is presently being fixed. The amount of damage was substantial and it will take time to get her back in the water, but we are moving forward as quickly as possible. The hull has been rebuilt, repaired, and painted, but there are some technical issues with the deck house/flybridge, and there is a need for some custom fabrication, which on this island is hard to come by.

As with any insurance claim, there are difficulties and things which delay the process, which unfortunately I cannot get into more detail about.

Meanwhile we are making due with our other 2 boats.

- Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom