Dive a Nuclear Missile Silo Nov. 15/16, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still think we're going to be OK. I'll check in with Mack later today and let ya'll know. I'd be willing to throw in a couple more bucks to make it a go. I've been trying to do this dive for the past 3 years and this is the first chance I've had so I'm willing to do a little more to make it happen.

Could someone post the exact address/location/GPS coordinates of the silo - I want to find it on Google Mpas and program it into my Garmin to start planning the trip.

That's a great idea. I'd also like to find out what the exact plan is for this trip too. Are we leaving together or just meeting somewhere at a certain time?. The dive is not that far away. It would be nice to get some carpooling together.

Could someone post the exact address/location/GPS coordinates of the silo - I want to find it on Google Mpas and program it into my Garmin to start planning the trip.

Working on it. Should have some info shortly.

Ok guys and gals. I've sent an email to everyone with an email listed on the roster that I have but was missing a couple of people. I'd like to get email addresses for G.S. and L.B. if possible so I can send you guys the necessary paperwork.

More info coming soon.

Chris

I live west of temple right off of hwy 36. (Norht of Belton). I'm planning on leaving at about 6:00AM Saturday. If anyone would like to carpool up with me, just let me know and we'll plan it. I'd enjoy the company.

Skip

I'm looking forward to diving the silo this weekend. It will be bright and sunny during the day, but still in the 60's, which is pretty cool after a cold water dive. Remember to bring towels, blankets, jackets, or whatever to warm up after your dives :wink:

Abilene Forecast Nov. 14-16, 2008

Friday Sunny H 70 L 43 P 20%
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s.

Saturday Sunny H 60 L 36 P 10%
Sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 30s.

Sunday Sunny H 67 L 44 P 0%
Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

NOTE: In the first post I mentioned campfires; unfortunately campfires are not allowed, sorry.

It's going to be cold in the evenings, not sure how windy... but it's high on a bluff with a Wind Generator Farm which makes me think there may be more than a breeze :wink:

The night sky should be great if not cloudy, but those looking for more warmth might consider a hotel in Abilene :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom