Dive a Nuclear Missile Silo Nov. 15/16, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to Mack today about paying for my share of the trip and he told me only 4 people have paid so far. If you're still planning on going and haven't paid you better get on it. Just call Mack at Oak Hill Scuba to sign up officially...512-892-4900.

In the meantime I'm going to post the opportunity to some other Austin dive listservs 'cause I want to go. :eyebrow:

That means that only my people are paid for cause there are 4 of us and I know I paid.
I'm beginning to get the impression that everyone that said they were in...were just wishfully thinking. I believe the deadline is Friday....That means if we don't have 12 by Friday...it is a no go...
Come on ...I put us a third of the way there and if the other 2 from my office throw in tomorrow then that is half way....If you are waiting to see if this makes then you will still be waiting after it is too late...
The other 2 will be diving rebreathers...should be educational...and they are nuts too...

I paid today, so that makes 5. I know In10se said he paid, so we for sure have 6. Who else has already paid?? Here's who I see as saying they are interested:

Zinc
Chrispete
Rumbum
Bogrady
Timeliner
Richerso

That's enough to make the trip. If you've paid let us know. If not then call Oak Hill Scuba and let's get this thing on track...

I'm in the middle of sending a message to some of the Austin diving listservs to see if anyone else from around Austin wants to go.

quote=vintagediver;3939142]That means that only my people are paid for cause there are 4 of us and I know I paid.
I'm beginning to get the impression that everyone that said they were in...were just wishfully thinking. I believe the deadline is Friday....That means if we don't have 12 by Friday...it is a no go...
Come on ...I put us a third of the way there and if the other 2 from my office throw in tomorrow then that is half way....If you are waiting to see if this makes then you will still be waiting after it is too late...
The other 2 will be diving rebreathers...should be educational...and they are nuts too...[/quote]

I paid today, so that makes 5. I know In10se said he paid, so we for sure have 6. Who else has already paid?? Here's who I see as saying they are interested:

Zinc
Chrispete
Rumbum
Bogrady
Timeliner
Richerso
Just to confirm on this, I paid for the last trip before it was rescheduled so I'm in :)

Can't wait to try out all my new gear. New doubles, new bp/w config' with extra stainless weights, new lights, ohhh yeah and a new wetsuit.

W
H
O
N
E
E
D
S
G
O
O
D
V
I
Z
?

:D ... I'm kidding Rumbum ... j/k, but my Nx cert is new. Got that last weekend in Pompano Beach then dove the Spiegle Grove. It was insanely cool ...

I was in for the original date, but won't be able to make the Nov trip.

Hope the trip works out so everyone else can make it and enjoy an unusual dive.
Good luck.

I think I got some interest from the Austin listserv messages I sent yesterday. Zinc thinks we're good to go. There are several left like Zinc, his roommate, Chrispete and Rumbum who are definite gos plus we have about 6-8 other people who expressed serious interest from the Austin dive lists last night.

Now we just need everyone to pay up to hold their spot. :wink:

Sorry guys. My schedule is just too darn busy. I won't be able to make this trip in November or December.

I think I got some interest from the Austin listserv messages I sent yesterday. Zinc thinks we're good to go. There are several left like Zinc, his roommate, Chrispete and Rumbum who are definite gos plus we have about 6-8 other people who expressed serious interest from the Austin dive lists last night.

Now we just need everyone to pay up to hold their spot. :wink:

Thanks for your efforts kvalve...unfortunatly the rebreather dudes are a no go....one of them is a nurse and can't get his schedule...mmmmmm....strange how you either get both of them or none of them...well anyway...there are still definately 4 of us and possibly one from the San Antonio Dive Club...

Thanks again....let us know if it goes....then tell us what to bring for food, drink...
It will be fun...

I just checked the records and we have 8 paid, so we still need 4 more. Remember, we can take more than 12, but not less.
If its a $135 amount lacking (bogrady says his in so now we're talking about 3 peeps short @45/peep for a total of $135), then maybe we can divide that into 9 people and cough it up? I'd pay the $15 extra. That 'lil bit won't get me to cryin' or missing a meal any time soon.

I guess what I'm getting at is we should consider it a go and just agree to pay the dif, what ever it is by then, as a group. If we dive a 2-tank boat trip in Florida it's a min of $60 anyway, and more like $90 out in the keys. This will be plenty of all you can dive with people we know instead of instabuddies for a max of $60. How is this a bad plan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom