Dive a Nuclear Missile Silo Nov. 15/16, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for the sake of clarity I'm still signed up and paid up from the 1st go 'round so count me in :)

I've kinda wrastled around if it was worth the drive but just cannot get past that ... damn ... this was a missile silo!! I just gotta dive that, and I already bought a wetsuit just for this dive (like I need an excuse to buy more scuba gear).

I won't get there 'til late though because I'm not missing Cheech and Chong. I'll just drive out after the show for an early Sunday dive.

I'm seriously thinking about going. If I do is there anyone who would want to carpool from the Austin area? I have a truck that can seat 4 comfortably.

Valhalla is 20 miles southwest of Abilene. Look for a hotel on the south side of town. Chris and I will most likely obtain a trailer (borrowing it from the parents) so we'll have a stove and whatnot. It's pretty cold in Abilene at night already.
FWIW, I despise Abilene. Just went there last weekend. I'm going to avoid town like it's a plague and I'm bringing food from home.

I think Bill should burn his Marriott points on rooms for us all! :D

Hotels, trailers. whatever happened to camping?

~Jess

My definition of camping:

When the Marriott forgets to leave the newspaper at my door in the morning and I have to call down to the lobby to have one brought up.

My definition of camping:

When the Marriott forgets to leave the newspaper at my door in the morning and I have to call down to the lobby to have one brought up.

Let me know where the hotel is...
I have two more people coming...
Nice to be in the same place...

I'm seriously thinking about going. If I do is there anyone who would want to carpool from the Austin area? I have a truck that can seat 4 comfortably.
I'll probably wind up driving out alone because of my schedule, but if late Sat night is cool for you K-valve, or anyone else for that matter, then we can meet up on my way out.

I talked to Mack today about paying for my share of the trip and he told me only 4 people have paid so far. If you're still planning on going and haven't paid you better get on it. Just call Mack at Oak Hill Scuba to sign up officially...512-892-4900.

In the meantime I'm going to post the opportunity to some other Austin dive listservs 'cause I want to go. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom