Disk in rear dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
The pull cord ripped off the rear dump of my bc. It was long enough to tie a new knot and replace. However the first time after reassembly the little disk did not seem to seal well. Re-did it and seems fine. Question - should the disk be greased with something to help seal it?
Thanks!

It sounds like there was be some grit in there. I have has a valve leak after rinsing and flushing when i inflated it for storage. Just a pull of the cord and it "blew it's nose", all is good.

That valve is seated by very light pressure so anything will be noticable.

Pete

mbs:
The pull cord ripped off the rear dump of my bc. It was long enough to tie a new knot and replace. However the first time after reassembly the little disk did not seem to seal well. Re-did it and seems fine. Question - should the disk be greased with something to help seal it?
Thanks!

The rubber disk or seat is held in a plastic "cup". (The string is secured to the "cup")

Sometimes to add in the assembly there will be a little bit of grease between the rubber disk and the plastic cup. All it does is keep the seat from falling out during assembly. When properly assembled there is no need for the grease.

Sand or seaweed etc can fould an OPV, and it you dissasemble an OPV you will likely not get the seat back in the exact location is was before. The seat can take a small "set" and develop a depression where the seat meets the inner hard plastic surface. Usually time alone will cure this after you reassemble.

Tobin

:) you're welcome. Again, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, but I remembered reading it shouldn't be greased, but didn't remember why, so I answered you the way I did. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom