Disinfection of the rental gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just because you are paranoid, it does not mean somebody or something is NOT out to get you.

Precisely why whenever I go out to a bar I never take the highboy seats, but get a table instead. Stool is just nasty...

Btw, you know what one dung beatle said to the other?

"Pardon me, is this stool taken?"

...sorry...:rofl3:

Sorry for the hijack.

I was in key West years ago with a not so open minded buddy. We were sitting at the Pier House bar. Earlier in the evening we had been spraying each other with Lagerfeld cologne. (another story for another time). One of the waiters kept coming over to my friend and telling him how much he liked Lagerfeld. My friend kept getting angry.
Well, finally the waiter came behind him with a large order and asked "can I push in your stool?". True story. I Swear. i turned it into a joke I heard in California a couple years later.
Well, my friend went off. We got thrown out. Later got thrown out of Sloppy Joes when he got on stage and tried to play lead guitar.
If you old timers remember, one of the hemmingway girls did a music video in there on MTV which featured a big bullet headed bouncer. He was the one that grabbed my buddy. Some of the pilots from the Key West Naval Air Station at Boca Chica came to our aid.
Oh well. Walk down memeory lane. Sorry for the Hijack as i said.

I use that Dow bathroom scrubbing bubbles stuff and a tooth brush. I spray the foam stuff on, then use a tooth bruch to work it around the mouth piece, then rince and dry.
Jim breslin

Don't know if I would recommend using something with chemicals in it like the scrubby bubbles stuff, could be dangerous..... Plus some chemicals could damage parts of your regulator/mouth piece by breaking down the materials that they are made out of which could lead to failure of the part. I would stick with something that is somewhat safer like the listerine or mouthwash. You can keep a small bottle of "mouthwash" in your bag and rinse the mouth piece with it before you use it. I wouldn't buy a regulator until after you complete your dives. This will give you time to do your research and try different regs before you spend big bucks for something you do not like. Good luck and welcome to diving..

There must be some spit or phelgm stuck in those regs...who knows? Or, some roach probably has some eggs in them...who knows?
Phil

There could be roach eggs or spiders in your own gear also no matter how clean you keep your house.

I doubt that they do more than a fresh water rinse. When I use to dive with a helmet and if I didn't do the lead dive, I would wipe down the inside (of the oral nasal) with Listerine. Kills most
germs?, not really sure, but it is a piece of mind. So a small bottle of Listerine and rag you can do it yourself or, get your own regs. I did not read past the first page, and I now see that there are four. I would bet someone brought up mouthwash on one of the other posts.
See you topside! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom