Discounts for Florida State Parks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
DISCOUNTS ON ANNUAL ENTRANCE PASSES FOR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES

Effective July 1, 2010 Florida’s state parks will provide discounts on or free Annual Entrance Passes to those who currently serve or have served in the United States military branches, veterans with service related disabilities and surviving spouses of members of the US military who have fallen in combat.

The discounted Florida State Parks Annual Entrance Pass is only available for purchase at any Florida State Park staffed ranger station. The free annual pass can only be obtained at a staffed ranger station. View list of staffed ranger stations.

Effective July 1, 2010 the Florida Park Service shall provide discounts on the purchase of Annual Entrance Passes to persons who present satisfactory written documentation which demonstrates their eligibility:

25% discount on Annual Entrance Passes for active duty and honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or reserve units of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who present proof of eligibility.

Satisfactory written documentation to prove eligibility includes:

Current military identification card showing the bearer as active duty, reserve or retired member of a branch of the Department of Defense, or
Personal identification (i.e.: driver license) and
Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the named individual’s Character of Service as Honorable, or
Other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, or one of its branches, naming the bearer as active duty, reserve, veteran or retired military

To add to the OP ......If you ever served in the military, you get 25% off.
If you have a service connected disabilty or are a surviving spouse, the pass is free for life.
Here's a link
Welcome to Florida State Parks

Last edited:
I know I've got a dd214 somewhere in my paperwork collection. What a good deal

Awesome!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom