Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring:
I think one big disadvantage of DIR is that your spouse and loved ones will have to wait a loooong time to cash in on that fat life insurance policy.
I hope this is a joke. It's a very dangerous attitude to think you're invincible due to a cert card, no matter what agency issued it. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'd stay away from you as a dive buddy. I don't dive with people with GOD complexes.

Unless it was a joke, then I'd think about it. :)

mempilot:
I hope this is a joke. It's a very dangerous attitude to think you're invincible due to a cert card, no matter what agency issued it. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'd stay away from you as a dive buddy. I don't dive with people with GOD complexes.

Do you honestly think it could be anything other than a joke? If you can't get jokes I would stay away from you as a dive buddy too...you sound too serious to be fun..

mempilot:

ORing is never serious....you think you get almost 5k posts by being serious!? :)

Snowbear:
Yo, Pug - If the weenies chicken out can I take their place? :D:D

Me too ... I missed the last DP party because of work. This one's on a Saturday, so I can make it ... :D

I may even have learned how to dive those doubles by then ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

O-ring:
Do you honestly think it could be anything other than a joke? If you can't get jokes I would stay away from you as a dive buddy too...you sound too serious to be fun..

I honestly thought you were serious. You make holier than thou post all the time. Seriously go back and read some of the stuff you write. Any reasonably prudent person could have made the same mistake. I have always just assumed you are a moron with an over inflated feeling of self importance. In the past I guessed you lack any importance in your real life so used this board to get a sad and false sense of authority. Glad to know you’re just a sarcastic *******. I can respect that. Going forward I’ll actually read your posts. thanks

weekender:
I honestly thought you were serious. You make holier than thou post all the time. Seriously go back and read some of the stuff you write. Any reasonably prudent person could have made the same mistake. I have always just assumed you are a moron with an over inflated feeling of self importance. In the past I guessed you lack any importance in your real life so used this board to get a sad and false sense of authority. Glad to know you’re just a sarcastic *******. I can respect that. Going forward I’ll actually read your posts. thanks
Yep, the sarcastic one fits best.

I know you have made no contributions to this board, any board, or the diving community as a whole so, instead of taking potshots at people in an online forum, why don't you sit down with your class materials and try to make some changes to improve your classes and the overall diving up in your area. Most of the ridiculous stuff we have seen lately comes from the Northeast area (this thread is a great example of that - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=68284&s=), so what are you doing to fix the imbecilic diving practices and irrational clinging to methods that have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be seriously flawed?

OK ... sarcastic or not, it's getting a bit warm in here.

Please turn down the flames, or I'll have to break out the fire extinguisher ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

no flames at all. i was totally busting his chops. i truly thought he was full off it in the past. i was admitting my error. c'mon my post was funny not at all an attack. sorry it didnt read that way.

weekender:
no flames at all. i was totally busting his chops. i truly thought he was full off it in the past. i was admitting my error. c'mon my post was funny not at all an attack. sorry it didnt read that way.
FWIW, I thought it was pretty good.. :) You nailed the sarcastic a-hole thing right on the head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom