Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

200+ and counting

CincyBengalsFan:
200+ and counting

Do you have anything relevant to add to this thread? Here is a synopsis of your brilliance:

#45 Lmao
#77 I've got to tell you, this really put a smile on my face. But I don't have the time for the old arguements we used to have so much fun with.
My Bengals play tonight at 7:30....GO BENGALS.
Good luck to you O-Ring, in regards to this DIR battle.
#84 What I see is an attitude of immortality from some. This is a downside, No?
LMAO
#87 Hey man, don't get so defensive. After all, your DIR and therefore the best, right?
It's football season & I can still run an incredible offense.
#108 I just watched this movie. Heck of a flick. There is nothing wrong with a man thinking a little highly of himself.
At least Cincy put 6 on the board with their new QB. Garcia.....well....They had a goose egg on game 1 didn't they?
#137 DIR/Halcyon is laughing all the way to the bank right now.
#140 Missing the point.... And the point was literal...geeeez. LOL
#141 You think this thread will crack 500 by the weekend? Anyone making odds?
#190 Dag gone...Nice Pic...
Are you a DIR diver? If so, I'll join the club.
Scratch that..I just saw your profile pic...My bad.
#193 Stay Awake that long.....That will happen in about what, 45---60 minutes?
#201 200+ and counting

For a guy that despises DIR, you sure spend a lot of time here.

detroit diver:
Do you have anything relevant to add to this thread? Here is a synopsis of your brilliance:

#45 Lmao
#77 I've got to tell you, this really put a smile on my face. But I don't have the time for the old arguements we used to have so much fun with.
LMAO
#87 Hey man, don't get so defensive. After all, your DIR and therefore the best, right?
#108 I just watched this movie. Heck of a flick. There is nothing wrong with a man thinking a little highly of himself.
At least Cincy put 6 on the board with their new QB. Garcia.....well....They had a goose egg on game 1 didn't they?
#201 200+ and counting

I've got a purpose now. Thanx

detroit diver:

#45 Lmao
LMAO
#201 200+ and counting

I can't believe you actually wasted your time going back and pasting each quote by number too. You can call me a Troller but your the stalker...That's official now!

Soggy:
Just found this gem....

How is it a con to sell gear when that Cobra owner probably sold his Cobra to buy a Vyper...both Suunto products. Or maybe he bought a Uwatec Bottom timer, also popular and equally unrelated to GUE/Halcyon. You can be DIR without owning a single piece of Halcyon gear, so that old argument is complete BS.

You clearly didn't read the "why" part....integrated consoles are not DIR for several reasons. They are big and bulky, thus not streamlined. Also, the left arm is dedicated to using a light, dumping air from the drysuit, and controling the BC inflator. This means that, during an ascent or descent, in order to keep track of your depth while adjusting buoyancy, you have to do all sorts of convoluted maneuvers to read the console, which is also on the left side. In DIR, the depth gauge/bottom timer goes on the right arm where it can be seen at all times, regardless of what you are doing. Makes sense, don't it?
One should not have to replace a PERFECTLY GOOD dive computer for ANY course, instruction, class etc.
IF you HAVE TO, you are being conned!!!
THEY WANT TO SELL EQUIPMENT...Can you not see that?

So...Halcyon wants to build Suunto's business because...?

Sorry, help explain your last post to me...you know, like I'm a three year old...I just can't use my university education to figure it out, sometimes I miss the really simple stuff.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom