Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lragsac:
Nevertheless, QV, to suggest that a group (in this case, DIR divers) has been "conned" is utterly inaccurate. A dictionary definition gives "con" as: to take money or property from by fraud or deceit. No GUE instructor ever took money from me by fraud or deceit. I got what I paid for, and then some, in all my GUE classes to date. And when it comes to buying gear, I'll go out on a limb and speak for other DIR folks and suggest that none of them was "conned" into anything, including buying their gear. If what you say is accurate, then I better be calling the BBB to report some LDS's.
Perhaps you have misunderstood Mr. Vadis' point. His reference to "CON" does not denote taking money by trick. It is short for CONSPIRACY. And a far-ranging conspiracy it is, organized much along the lines of the Illuminati. Just consider his example of the poor deluded sap who sold his Cobra computer. How does this benefit Halcyon, a company which does not make computers? Clearly it benefits some member of the conspiracy - which implies that multiple manufacturers of bottom timers and depth gauges are also part of the DIR CONSPIRACY to sell useless gear. This shows just how deeply the conspiracy has penetrated the dive industry, all without any public acknowledgement of its existence by the jaded members of the heinous cabal.

I for one am grateful to Mr. Vadis for the public service he has rendered in bringing this matter to light. I look forward to further revelations.

WJL:
l.

I for one am grateful to Mr. Vadis for the public service he has rendered in bringing this matter to light. I look forward to further revelations.

Those won't come until post number 300 in this thread. Can you stay awake that long

Stay Awake that long.....That will happen in about what, 45---60 minutes?

O-ring:
Et tu, Strokus..

Wow, O-ring, that is the most eloquently complete resume on the entire DIR/non-DIR topic I have ever heard. It is almost zen.

I tip my hat and pay humble homage to an orator.

WJL:
Perhaps you have misunderstood Mr. Vadis' point. His reference to "CON" does not denote taking money by trick. It is short for CONSPIRACY. And a far-ranging conspiracy it is, organized much along the lines of the Illuminati. Just consider his example of the poor deluded sap who sold his Cobra computer. How does this benefit Halcyon, a company which does not make computers? Clearly it benefits some member of the conspiracy - which implies that multiple manufacturers of bottom timers and depth gauges are also part of the DIR CONSPIRACY to sell useless gear. This shows just how deeply the conspiracy has penetrated the dive industry, all without any public acknowledgement of its existence by the jaded members of the heinous cabal.

Thank you, Bill, for your most trenchant analysis. Indeed, I must have misunderstood Mr. Q.V. and certainly look forward to further revelations from him.
(now, where's that damn tongue-in-cheek icon?)

Boogie711:
If you're too cheap for Nitrox, and think it's ok to pass anything deeper than 50 feet on air, then you don't want to dive DIR.
You crack me up.

orcatwiggy:
I think that I have figured it out...or at least come to a conclusion. It seems to me that the biggest problem with DIR is those who are not.
Ding Ding Ding

lragsac:
Thank you, Bill, for your most trenchant analysis. Indeed, I must have misunderstood Mr. Q.V. and certainly look forward to further revelations from him.
(now, where's that damn tongue-in-cheek icon?)
Mr. Vadis, (known to his friends as "What") is searching the Internet, even as we speak, to gain the information he needs to explain to us credulous lemmings the true sinister purpose of DIR.

WJL:
Mr. Vadis, (known to his friends as "What") is searching the Internet, even as we speak, to gain the information he needs to explain to us credulous lemmings the true sinister purpose of DIR.
Does Halcyon make a tin foil hat?

cancun mark:
Wow, O-ring, that is the most eloquently complete resume on the entire DIR/non-DIR topic I have ever heard. It is almost zen.

I tip my hat and pay humble homage to an orator.
Heh.. Don't you have something to do rather than troll the DIR forum?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom