Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
I hope that isn't because everything's silted out.

My respect , NO it's not because of silt out, it's because of computer failure! . Remember the training ,Do all the deco you can before assent . PSI and your known SAC rate will give you TIME Internal feel will give you ASSENT . No agency teaches a calm head in the face of failure that's up to the diver!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE learn all there is to know about this subject. GUE PADI NAUI NSS CDS It does not matter , It's just you under water . BE PREPARED

novadiver:
My respect , NO it's not because of silt out, it's because of computer failure! . Remember the training ,Do all the deco you can before assent . PSI and your known SAC rate will give you TIME Internal feel will give you ASSENT . No agency teaches a calm head in the face of failure that's up to the diver!!!

I was just kiddin with ya but I don't have to worry about a computer failure because I don't have one.

I don't deco by feel though. I know how changes in depth and time effect my schedule with the gas I'm using so if I know my profile I know my deco. If anything goes ok, I won't feel anything but good.

cancun mark:
Actually I think DIR is a Great idea, I wish it had been around when I learned to dive, i would have jumped at the chance to take a DIR F course. I cant wait until it becomes more widely accepted and available, however there are still a lot of myths associated with it, and forums like this are helping eliminate those and dispel the mis understandings and mis information.

As far as offering advice, dude, this is an open forum on the internet, and I feel I can contribute, I have done quite a lot of diving and know something about the subject.

If I was sniping, it was only at o-ring, cause I just love how passionate and emotional his posts are, although I guess you are right, he hardly needs my encouragement.
Wow...passionate and emotional? My g/f is going to laugh her arse off when I tell her you used those words to describe me.... Thanks! :)

O-ring:
Wow...passionate and emotional? My g/f is going to laugh her arse off when I tell her you used those words to describe me.... Thanks! :)
Before or after she dumps you for spending more time online then you do with her?

Hey, I can see the driveshaft from down here..

O-ring:

Has she seen the stage-a-dog thread?

Let's try to salvage this thread a bit. Here is, IMHO, the biggest disadvantage of DIR - getting sucked into one countless dumb argument after another. It happens online, it happens on boats (ironically usually because some smartass remark by someone else initiates it), it happens at quarries by the silt fanners (instructors and students), etc. That, IMO, is the biggest disadvantage..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom