Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
I've got a test for you. I want to see a working implementation of ZHL-16B in any computer language that you care to write it in. I want to see a calculator which computes rock bottom limits for different depths given the same tank, I want the same calculator to compute halves and thirds turn points, and to compute dive times for both given 0.75 cuft/min surface RMV.

Then I want you to throw both of those away and be able to tell me without doing any calculations what your rock bottom should be for a dive, what your turn points are, what your expected SAC in psi/min should be at any point in the dive, if you expect deco or air to end the dive, and then after the dive i expect you to be able to tell me what your actual SAC was every 5 minutes.

Would you like some kool aid now? Its tasty...

I've read your resume and I'm not impressed.

This is about diving and diving only , go back home!

I can do deco by feel, that's the only computer that can do the calculations of this kind , walk away NOW your over your HEAD. learn before you post then come talk to me

novadiver:

I can do deco by feel, that's the only computer that can do the calculations of this kind , walk away NOW your over your HEAD. learn before you post then come talk to me

LOL...who's the arrogant one now?

Love the DIR forum, drama, drama, drama.........you guys rule!!!!!!!

novadiver:

I don't use a depth gauge, I can tell where I'm at by taste. I use sonar instead of a mask. You are weak.

novadiver:
I can do deco by feel...

I hope that isn't because everything's silted out.

MikeFerrara:
I hope that isn't because everything's silted out.

he (she?) ascends until telltale twinges are felt. a stop is made. wait till twinge goes away. ascend again. and so forth and so on. :11:

the best part of that method is you never have to carry tables or schedules. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom