DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I come back from a dive trip to this! You folks are taking yourselves way too seriously. Put down the clubs and get over it...

PhotoTJ:
What a stunning troll.

No troll intended.

The problem isn't DIR.

It's the pro and con attitudes.

DIR has highlighted a problem in the dive industry that was rarely previously recognized.

And with the #1 precept being diver safety, it's just illuminating observing the disdain people have for this concept of safety, primarily because of damaged egos.

I'm not a DIR diver, never will be or wanted to be, but it didn't stop me from from scrutinizing DIR for things that would benefit me, instead of shoveling disdain and ridicule on it because of ego problems.

Albion:
Yes i probably would learn something from the course, but my skills arent that far off the mark i feel the need.

According to whom?

DennisS:
I've followed a lot of DIR/ anti DIR posts and can't remember ever reading one where someone said they didn't like DIR because their feelings were hurt. That's funny, gotta a link.

Uh....yeah.

Hear ya go:

"For the answer to this and other questions go to the DIR forum and be treated like an idiot! Then go to the Hog forum or the Tech forum and have your question answered.

Case in point: look at the answers to the " only one spg" question in the DIR forum . The dir people treated a new to the SB user like @#$%. and when I answered, I got flamed for even being there."

novadiver:
The majority are followers, but have not taken the training.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Per the point I keep trying to make, most all the DIR divers I know trained themselves off the internet.

That includes 6 present or former WKPP divers.

All the people I know that have taken GUE courses were either full DIR before the class, or weren't and never will be.

None have "become" DIR because of any GUE class they took.

dweeb:
You're welcome to say something substantive in rebuttal, whenever you feel you're up to it.

Substanitive rebuttal by novadiver.

To have a long winded conversation with you is out of the question. I feel that you bloviate in order to appear intelligent. Everything that you have said in this thread could have been said in a single paragraph.

Exactly what right do you have to tell anyone how to dive, much less that they are diving wrong. you have no right!

Exactly who makes up the rule of " right and wrong" for diving. It isn't you, and it isn't DIR,

This self grandizing that you do so well is the reason for this whole thread. are you happy now that your infamous.

How dare you call me out. You've never seen any of these divers dive yet you have the nerve to pass judgement. That's doing it wrong.

There is an old saying about" cleaning your own back yard before you criticise mine" I can at least hold my own in any waterway in the world. Yet you have the nerve to say that I don't do it right. Right by who? You? Some 50 dive newbie? You need to analyse what diving is and find your own way. anything less is blindly following someone that does not have your best interest in mind

This rebuttal has been aproved by NOVADIVER. the content of this rebuttal , in no way reflect the veiws of scubaboard or any other agency. and is the sole oppinion of NOVADIVER.

dweeb:
I welcome you to point out where I've even approached making a comment like your shovel statement. Oh, that's right, you can't.
This place is great! It seems like every time I logon there has been a new feature added. Like the rec.scuba feed we seem to be getting now!

Viscya:
Damnation, another keyboard psychic. They must breed around here.

According to whom?

I've given a dozen or more examples already.

Read the thread.

Back
Top Bottom