DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI:
Yes novadiver you have the right to speek freely within the SB TOS

Thank you. I know your DIR and I'll respect your opinion as long as you don't try and see how mad you can make me.( like others on this board try and do)

I've posted other posts on the value of GUE and the people they have working for them.(top notch) it's the C-card elitist that give them a bad rep.

novadiver:
Thank you. I know your DIR and I'll respect your opinion as long as you don't try and see how mad you can make me.( like others on this board try and do)

I've posted other posts on the value of GUE and the people they have working for them.(top notch) it's the C-card elitist that give them a bad rep.

Are you saying that GDI is DIR? That's news to me. Or I guess I could be mistaken.

I don't see why this thread has gone on as long as it has. If you DIR then dive DIR and with DIR buddies, if you are not DIR then why do you care if other divers will dive with you or not. Its an individuals choice who they dive with. SO let this thread die already!

Spectre:
Why do I see myself siding with the king stroke? :wink:
:eyebrow:
I agree. IMO novadiver's post in the SPG thread would have passed without comment if made by any of the usual suspects. Like me for instance.

That's very interesting, especially because their incorporation papers say otherwise.

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/corde...&r1=&r2=&r3=&r4=GLOBALUNDERWATEREXPLORERS&r5=

click on "domestic non-profit"

Can you state your source?

opiniongirl:
OK DD,

I took yur advice, but looks like I spent a little more time reading than you did.

They have a non-profit AFFILIATE for research. The training end is for profit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - my point is, its a business like any other.

WJL:
I agree. IMO novadiver's post in the SPG thread would have passed without comment if made by any of the usual suspects. Like me for instance.
A minor point of order but Nova did preface his statment by saying he wasent DIR. This in its self could cause confusion for a new to SB diver looking for information related to DIR diving. It's a minor thing but the fact that Nova has several times given non-dir sugesstions in the DIR forum that caused the negative responces twords Novas post.

salty:
A minor point of order but Nova did preface his statment by saying he wasent DIR. This in its self could cause confusion for a new to SB diver looking for information related to DIR diving. It's a minor thing but the fact that Nova has several times given non-dir sugesstions in the DIR forum that caused the negative responces twords Novas post.

I'd like to take the time and point out that the majority of divers that post in DIR are not dir divers, and the majority of the answers come from non DIR divers, That said; I dive in the exact same gear as every DIR trained diver , but what sets me apart is that I dive solo. Now if this practice means I can't answer a simple gear question, than so be it.

Wendy:
Are you saying that GDI is DIR? That's news to me. Or I guess I could be mistaken.

I don't see why this thread has gone on as long as it has. If you DIR then dive DIR and with DIR buddies, if you are not DIR then why do you care if other divers will dive with you or not. Its an individuals choice who they dive with. SO let this thread die already!

Wendy, your wright (added the w for you) I got GDI mixed up with a GUE mod. my misstake.

novadiver:
I'd like to take the time and point out that the majority of divers that post in DIR are not dir divers, and the majority of the answers come from non DIR divers, ..................

Just curious, how do you know this?

detroit diver:
Just curious, how do you know this?

Just going through the profiles, Just you ,jonnythan, boogie, wendy,O-ring, cornfed, a couple of mods and a few others have the training to call yourselves DIR the rest really don't.

The majority are followers, but have not taken the training.

I really like the debates with, freefloat, soggy, O-ring, and cornfed. They seem to make the point in an adult maner. The rest go right over the top as soon as they see NOVADIVER in any forum.

Back
Top Bottom