DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good lord novadiver. No one was treated like an idiot, at least two people gave very good and polite answers. You answered a DIR question in the DIR forum, yet you are rabidly anti-DIR and your answer isn't DIR either. Why do you do this?

This is just absurd. The original question was asked and answered by DIR divers. They also made a comment that solo diving (as the original post stated) was not a DIR practice. The original post was never treated like an idiot.

You, on the other hand, are not DIR. The question was posed in a DIR forum, and thus required a DIR response. If you're not DIR, why do you think you can answer a question that requires a DIR response?

That would be like me answering a question about flight emergency procedures. I've never flown a plane in my life. Wouldn't be too prudent, would it?

novadiver:
For the answer to this and other questions go to the DIR forum and be treated like an idiot! Then go to the Hog forum or the Tech forum and have your question answered.

Case in point: look at the answers to the " only one spg" question in the DIR forum . The dir people treated a new to the SB user like @#$%. and when I answered, I got flamed for even being there.

jonnythan:
Good lord novadiver. No one was treated like an idiot, at least two people gave very good and polite answers. You answered a DIR question in the DIR forum, yet you are rabidly anti-DIR and your answer isn't DIR either. Why do you do this?

Exactly what part of the answer wasn't DIR. WE dive the same rig. for the same reasons. I'm not DIR because I did it solo .

jonnythan:

I was told by the mods that I can speak freely here.

And I also know that you want me off Scubaboard perminently,

So keep it up and I'll report you for the same reason you report me.:)

Now! answer my question " what part of my answer to that post wasn't DIR.

And for everyone that's been following this ,This is the reason for the origanal post here.

detroit diver:
1. Can you please name the organization that teaches the DIR classes?
2. When you find out the name of that organization, please look up it's "corporate" status.

I'll save you a little trouble:

1. That organization is GUE- Global Underwater Explorers.

2. Status is: Non- profit.

OK DD,

I took yur advice, but looks like I spent a little more time reading than you did.

They have a non-profit AFFILIATE for research. The training end is for profit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - my point is, its a business like any other.

novadiver:
I was told by the mods that I can speak freely here.

And I also know that you want me off Scubaboard perminently,

So keep it up and I'll report you for the same reason you report me.:)

Now! answer my question " what part of my answer to that post wasn't DIR.

And for everyone that's been following this ,This is the reason for the origanal post here.

Yes novadiver you have the right to speek freely within the SB TOS

Back
Top Bottom