DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opiniongirl:
Could DIR be only another form of diving's marketing genius?

You really should learn more about DIR before saying something like that. To wit:

Derek S:
They don't actively search out people, hunting for new 'recruits' like used car salespersons, but rather teach those who come seeking more knowledge about the sport they love.

If PADI were to offer a class like DIR-F, I'm sure it would actually be broken down into more classes at 3 times the price...:rolleyes:

"The name does endanger the concept. Doing it Safer, Doing it together, Tech Divers Unite, whatever, anything would have been better. The name impliess that the rest of us have lousy skills. Dosen't really invite me to find out more."

This is very telling. DIR divers don't care how or whether non-DIR divers dive. We don't give a crap if you feel put off by the thing and don't want to be DIR.

When a diver enters the DIR-F class what skills are they required to successfully perform to pass the course.

DennisS:
When a diver enters the DIR-F class what skills are they required to successfully perform to pass the course.

ROTFLAMO....

http://www.gue.com/classroom/dirfund.shtml

I'm sorry Dennis, I'm not picking on you specifically, it just seems that it mainly is the case that so many people out there bash DIR without having any true knowledge of it or it's origins....

opiniongirl:
ohhhhh lordy....

It's just DIVING!!! And if you think that there is ANY organization, be it member org, DIR, or local dive store that is not in existance for business...think again, unless that organization is non profit..................

1. Can you please name the organization that teaches the DIR classes?
2. When you find out the name of that organization, please look up it's "corporate" status.

I'll save you a little trouble:

1. That organization is GUE- Global Underwater Explorers.

2. Status is: Non- profit.

detroit diver:
2. When you find out the name of that organization, please look up it's "corporate" status.

*chuckle*

detroit diver:

DD, be nice.

If you burden them with truth, it slows their roll...

DIR is simply an information resource for everybody.

It's a concept.

All the attitudes are provided by the various visitors thereof.

I'm sorry. I'll crawl back into my hole now....<G>

novadiver:
How do you spell dimentia?= well duh
Hey Supernova, how have you been? See you are still trolling on DIR. For your edification, it is "dementia" and I hope your prognosis for recovery is positive, Although, from your posts, it seems to be debilitating. I fear you have lead on BJD and Opiniongirl too much into the anti side to even have an objective opinion. Oh yeah, I must be intoxicated again per your opinion. :10:

jonnythan:
Albion, you may be a fine diver, but I promise DIR-F will still kick your butt and make you realize how good you really *aren't*.

When you make up your own standards, it's not particularly surprising that someone who had never trained for them wouldn't meet them.

Please excuse me. I need to go rinse off my split fins and wax the zipper on my non-DIR drysuit.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom