DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh no....

I only finished laughing about your post right now - otw I would've written sooner...

BANG ON..

Could DIR be only another form of diving's marketing genius?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoTJ
No one likes to be told they are doing something wrong.

Spectre:
Even when they are!

Especially when they are.

opiniongirl:
Oh no....

I only finished laughing about your post right now - otw I would've written sooner...

BANG ON..

They don't advertise, just generate buzz on the internet. It works.

PhotoTJ:
The fact is, the name, (and these lovely attitudes!), is and are insulting to any diver who isn't diving your little system.

Ever hear that Zig Ziglar story about the one guy who runs the other guy off the road?

One happy, smiling guy cuts another off by accident.

The victim swears and careens and yells venomously. Goes to work in a rage, tells everybody about the jackass that tried to kill him, spends the day *****ing about courtesy, driving skills, the dangers of society today.

Makes a whole day out of being victimized, poisoned by the incident of this first guys' inattentive driving.

While the smiling happy guy whistles his day away, obliviously driving down the road, blissfully unaware of the impact and control he has on the other guys' life.

TeeJ, don't empower the Neo-DIR-Borg-diving shill/churl fascists.

They don't represent DIR anyway.

You're from CA, do some of that Zen shxt.

Tune 'em out.

I'm about as DIR as Charlie the Tuna, but these guys only have the hold over you that you allow them.

DennisS:
They don't advertise, just generate buzz on the internet. It works.

The more foot stomping and righteous whining there is, the more they love it.

opiniongirl:
Oh no....

What a stunning lack of regard and comprehension for a diving system that can't help but raise the skills bar throughout the entire recreational dive industry.

Which is another hobbyhorse everyone whines about.

ohhhhh lordy....

It's just DIVING!!! And if you think that there is ANY organization, be it member org, DIR, or local dive store that is not in existance for business...think again, unless that organization is non profit.

And my stunning lack of regard includes my own professional agency, as well as any other agency I am "invested in". I have a stunning lack of regard for Marilyn Manson, Eminem, and Alice Cooper, too - because they are also marketing genius, and consider their business as such - a way to make money.

DIR just kinda' showed up one day under my name. Didn't get offended but rather happy that, being fairly new to the board, I had posted enough to receive a new status. As far as any one being offended by it, one word comes to mind. Anal.

Keysdrifter454:
What a stunning lack of regard and comprehension for a diving system that can't help but raise the skills bar throughout the entire recreational dive industry.

Which is another hobbyhorse everyone whines about.

If DIR is the end of the road ? then no diver that has posted in this forum is DIR,

If DIR F is the begining , then tech 2 or cave 2 would be at least close to the end. As in being DIR

Now that we know that all of us aren't DIR , The ones that said that they aren't DIR from the start look smart. The others ....... O-well.

So now the smart ones can't dive with the other ones , because diving with someone stupid is like diving with an unsafe diver . We all know that shouldn't be done.

WOW! I hope this opened some minds?

opiniongirl:
ohhhhh lordy....

It's just DIVING!!! And if you think that there is ANY organization, be it member org, DIR, or local dive store that is not in existance for business...think again, unless that organization is non profit..

Showing a stunning ignorance for the origins and intent of DIR.

Free your mind.

Your feet can't touch the ground from the back of the bandwagon.

opiniongirl:
And my stunning lack of regard includes my own professional agency,

If the shoe fits, chew on it.

All y'all keep pointing at the DIR crowd as mindless followers, not realizing that you're in a crowd, too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom