DIR regs?......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For whatever the information is worth, Andrew Georgitsis sold me his Scubapro MK25/S600 regs and replaced them with Atomics :)

TSandM:
For whatever the information is worth, Andrew Georgitsis sold me his Scubapro MK25/S600 regs and replaced them with Atomics :)

I wonder if that's where Lamont got his "all the cool kids dive atomics now" thing from? :wink:

Maybe it would be too easy to say that all the regs mentioned in this thread are great regs? :eyebrow:

SparticleBrane:
Looks like the above report is missing a few things. That's for the ATX series, not the XTX series. The first stage in the XTX200 is different than the one from that report.

I respectfully disagree.
The FSR (1st stage with the ATX & XTX 200 series) didn't change, other than cosmetically and a single port size (1/2" to 3/8").
From AL's website: "The NEW 2006 XTX200 model is the flagship of the Apeks® fleet of fine regulators. It uses the proven “FSR” type first stage as found on the ATX200. This XTX200 first stage features a new bright chrome finish."

The FST (1st stage with the ATX & XTX 100 series) didn't really change either, other than the same kind of cosmetic & port size changes.
From AL's website: "This first stage is similar to it’s predecessors found on the ATX100 and TX100. New for this generation is a molded environmental diaphragm, a cosmetic ring and a comolded yoke knob."

Essentially, there were no breathing changes between the ATX & XTX series. The changes were mostly an update to allow interchangeable exhaust tees, port change from 1/2" to 3/8", the reversable venturi "feature", and cosmetics.

SNORKL - overwhelmed yet?

Mike

jeckyll:
I wonder if that's where Lamont got his "all the cool kids dive atomics now" thing from? :wink:
I suspect he got it from AG's former business partner ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I suspect he got it from AG's former business partner ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The plot thickens :wink:

totally overwhelmed!!! I only reprinted my post to this forum after someone in the reg forum told me to do it. All of your advice is great. I am just trying to learn as much as i can.:D:D:D

Pics of Apeks regs on doubles
http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/reg_config_doubles.html

Pics of Scubapro regs on doubles
http://www.5thd-x.com/xducation/regulators.html

These general pics cover probably 95% of the DIR doubles rigs in the water today. So when you consider a reg, keep these hose routings in mind. They work, other styles may not or may be more difficult.

The style which is the biggest pita to manage is the "spider" syle of ports where they come off the reg in a spoke-like fashion. I have a Mares like this and Sherwood makes some like this too. Avoid these style models at all costs.

Otherwise, pretty much any reg will work adequately for a single tank. In DIR-land you wouldn't be doing anything extreme (>100ft or overhead) in a single tank anyway.

One other I forgot to mention - Oceanic PX-3/Delta 3. Nice reg combo if you can still find it. Hose routing is exactly like Scubapro MK20/25 and Atomic Aquatics...

TSandM:

Yes but that's West Coast DIR. :wink:

i use the Atomic M1 its a great reg and the only thing u need to have done to it is put a cave ring on. All my tech 1 and cave 1 tech guys that i dive with use them i just wish that they were o2 cleaned to 100% but there good up to 80%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom