DIR regs?......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to purchase a reg that is din compatable and is DIR acceptable. I am looking for the best performance. I have my own thoughts but need some words of wisdom.

Thanks

Any high-performance regulator will be available in DIN, but it may be an option you'll need to request. Most divers are pretty opinionated when it comes to regulators, so you'll get 10 different "best regs" from 10 different divers. That said, most DIR divers I have seen gravitate toward Apeks and Scubapro. Of course there are others that are acceptable, but those 2 manufacturers seem to be most common IMHO.

Mike

Best performance: Apeks XTX200 or ScubaPro MK25/S600

For performance (and hose routing), I think it would be hard to beat the Apeks XTX FST/XTX100 (my preference, btw), Scubapro MK25/G250HP or Atomic Aquatics M1.

I am looking forward to trying a Scubapro MK19/G250V though...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the FST (1st stage packaged with the XTX 100) performs a little better than the FSR (1st stage packaged with the XTX 200). Whether that difference is actually detectable by a diver is a topic of debate. I'm looking, but can't dig up that report, tho.

I ended up buying XTX 100's for my doubles last summer because I liked the hose routing from the first stages better than the XTX 200's. It was very nice that it was also less expensive. (I'm a big Apeks fan.)

Mike

snorkl,

It might be a good idea to learn from the replies from your previous thread.
Merely repeating your question without any further info isn't going to help much.

Also there no such thing as a DIR reg because DIR is a holistic system where you use the right tool for the right job and have similar tools that would allow another diver to easily use another's diver's equipment because they are the same or very similar.

Having said that, I prefer Apeks because their performance is at the very top, they are easily serviced in the field without complicated tools and are totally reliable.

Tanked Monkey, said report.

SangP

GI3 said the Atomics he used were the easiest breathing reg he ever had.

:)

Looks like the above report is missing a few things. That's for the ATX series, not the XTX series. The first stage in the XTX200 is different than the one from that report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom