DIR question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the book.

Take the DIR-F class.

Keep your mind open.

There's tons of great information that these guys are willing to share.

Congratulations on being sharp enough to look around and question. :D So many people just don't...

WreckWriter... I've never heard it expressed quite that way before. That's an interesting concept; and I'd have to say that it certainly would make a lot of sense as to why people seem to be so abrasive and resistant toward DIR. It certainly would explain a lot. :D

As already stated,

Get the Doing It Right Book

Don't tak another course until you take DIR-F. They you will be in a better position to evaluate:

1) Where you want to go with your diver eduation

2) Whether or not the studmuffin with 1001 merit badges/c-cards/tales of daring do is actually somone from whom you wish to learn

Watch this forum. A number of us have started/are going down this path and regularly do practice dives in the area. Come on out and join us. Happy to answer any questions and offer help in gear rigging/technique - we are NOT instructors but have experience ranging from brand new to 41 years and can probably be of some assitance.

Oh yes, and if O-ring tells you in a PM that he has the perfect canister light for your DIR journey, remember that nothing is without value, it can always serve as a bad example! :D

Dave D

lol ... thanks for the advice.

I actually ordered the book last night.

Thanks for all the help :) (more questions to come....:D )

Back
Top Bottom